Solved! Reaching 100°C on CPU playing Far Cry 5!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2018
Hi guys! I need to read your thoughs about this...
Ok January 2017 I bought a Asus ROG Strix GL502VM. It's a 6th generation Intel i7 with a Nvidia gtx 1060 all stock with very little use. Last week I installed FC5 and the noise of the fans alerted me to check temps. I then used msi afterburn to control temps while playing and was shocked about this hi temps. 100°C on the CPU is too much, but the GPU was mid 80's. The only way I can safely play is by cutting fps to 30.

I then though about doing a stress test on the CPU with IntelBurnTest and the temps went all the way to 98°C.

The laptop is on warranty period and I'm thinking about take it to the store cause it's not normal in my opinion.

It's a gaming range laptop so it should be able to handle games that are within the minimum specs to play the game.

It should not be necessary to buy a cooling pad to play on a gaming range laptop, it should be designed and built to handle games within their specs.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Apr 26, 2018
Thanks for the answers guys. I'm going to take it to the store because from what I have read the laptop has some design problems, like the air intakes being located at the sides instead under the fans, and the lower side of the screen totally covers the hot air exhaust. That's why the next GL series were cut right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.