Realtek ALC1200 static noise

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ciantic

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Here is simple way to test if it is the cable (usually it is), especially when using front jack:

Mute your sounds, if you still hear noise, the cable that goes to the front-jack inside the computer is badly insulated... This is the reason when connecting to back of the computer the audio is noise-free.

dunha12345

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
disable the PC Beep, in Audio configuration of windows 7 (or vista) will solve this problem.
Go to the control panel, and enter the audio configuration... in the level tab mute the PC Beep sound... if pc beep don't appears, right click on the blank area and click in Show hidden devices (or somethiong like that rs)
I hope this help!

kramastudio

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I have disable/mute from the playback tab the mic/front pink in and now I can't hear those weird noises. Disabling the PC beep did'nt work for me.

bigwellies

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Try looking in Realtek Sound Manager, and "Line in" and there lower the Volume to the right of Playback Volume?? Just so it stops the noise. I no little about all this but may help?

G

I have a less than year old Toshiba Satellite A355 that just started having static (very annoying) coming from the speakers. When I made a Skype call, the static was very annoying to the person on the other end. The static was prevalent all the time unless I muted the speakers.
I went to www.realtek.com (I had realteck HD Audio installed on my computer). Click on High Definition Audio Codecs, I chose version R2.47 for my computer's operating system and it fixed the problem!!

G

Hello,

What to do if I don't have PC beep on the level tag?
Once I had the slider in the past, but now it disappeared with the new drivers.
(enabling hidden devices not working in that window)

macbig273

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

You're my hero ! I have this problem since years..... and finally just get really angry about it just now (because one of my game has a really low volume)

<3<3

trilobite53

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Please excuse this cross post...

[MY SOLUTION] Same maddening problem with RealTeak hd audio on a new Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 mobo. Not Realtek's fault.

I DID find a solution that actually worked, and I am presenting it below.

I tried newest drivers/uninstalling/reinstalling/reconfiguring/changing settings/updating mobo BIOS... nothing worked.

Here is what DID work -- closing EasyTune.
In initially setting up the mobo after fresh build, I installed drivers and utilities from the mobo maker's disk. One of the utilities on the disk was an app called "EasyTune." It turns out that the EasyTune utility was configured to load at startup. THIS app was causing the crackling. Once I closed EasyTune, the crackling disappeared -- and has been gone for several days now.

If you have EasyTune (or another live mobo tweaking app) running, try closing it and see if that helps.

To prevent EasyTune from loading at startup...
In Win7, go to Start, then type in msconfig in the "Search" field.
Load msconfig and select the "Startup" tab
Scroll down to find an entry called, "ETcall Application" and uncheck it.
Restart

I hope this helps.

dwchan

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

YES!!!! This took me all day. Worked for me, and thanks so much! :bounce:

Actually, the wiring inside the computer needs to be separated.
There is a problem when the analog audio wires are tied together with the digital data wires.
The noise will bleed into the audio chain, and will be amplified.
By separating the wires inside the computer and leaving space between them the noise is cured. (you may need to do some testing, tweaking)
ANY free application (like EZ tune) is a very very bad idea, and I would not recommend you load any free junk into your computer.

rameshd33

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
absolutely. Your Great..

I moved audio wire out of reach with other wire. Then that mess sound gone..

kudos.. Buddy.. keep rocking..