Realtek HD Audio-Manager: Volume decrease when 2 devices are connected.

Sep 8, 2018
Hey guys, I've searched everywhere online and couldn't find a fix for my problem. I've recently acquired headphones that connect via a 3.5mm jack. Problem is I don't have a 2nd array of outputs in the front so I just connected the jack in the back which makes the audio play simultaneously. I'm okay with that, but my problem is as soon as I connect the headphones the overall sound volume of each of the devices halves, which means I need to disconnect one of the jacks if I want to enjoy the sound. I prefer gaming with headphones and it's a pain that the volume is so low. Does anybody have a solution for my problem?
Thank you for the help in advance, Mustang ;)

Not quite sure about the connectivity you are using.

Can you provide some sketch of the connections being used or otherwise provide additional detail?

You have one set of headphones in the back plugged into either the motherboard or an PCIe audio card via a 3.5 mm male plug.

Where is the second set of headphones (the second, I think, of the "2 devices" mentioned) - where are they plugged in?

You are not using some splitter that allows two set of headphones to share a single audio output jack by any chance?

Sep 8, 2018

First of all my apologies on the delay, I hadn't received a notification of a reply from the thread.

Both devices are connected via 3.5mm straight to the motherboard (headphones via the green, speakers via blue).

The volume of each device when both are connected is twice as lower than when only one of them is connected.

If I disconnect one of them, the volume of the other doubles back to the normal level.

Are you able to right click the small speaker icon usually located in lower right screen corner?

Then select from the menu of listings?

Do some exploring first by working through the choices, windows, tabs, and properties.

No immediate need to change things. Just see what you can find.

There are quite a number of configuration settings available and some may be there due to 3rd party software.

Look for a setting that seems applicable and make the appropriate change. Keep track of where and what you do should you need to go back and undo the change.

And only change one thing at a time.

Sep 8, 2018

I'll be slightly more specific.
When I connect the headphones to the blue 3.5mm jack (whilst the speakers are already connected via the green 3.5mm), it doesn't locate an extra device, rather the RealtekHD pops up as usual (since a new audio device has been connected to the motherboard), however in the sound mixer there are no new devices. It's as if Windows/Realtek thinks that it's an extra speaker or sub-woofer, or something of that sort, which is fine. I don't mind just physically turning off the speakers when I want to use my headphones and let the headphones stay constantly on (they have a separate physical volume slider so it's fine). What bothers me is that when they are both connected at the same time, the volume of the speakers drops to half of what it's been as well as the headphones, and I'm not talking about the mixer. The mixer stays at 100%) same goes with the headphones.
Getting really frustrated. Hope you guys enjoy finding solutions to these kinds of pickles :p

Sep 8, 2018

It doesn't really matter since if I plug in any other 3.5mm headphones the same issue occurs, but I have a Siberia200. Any additional drivers are present.