Realtek Microphone isn't picking up my voice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3gaGamer

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I installed the latest version of Realtek a few days ago. Now when I call my friends in skype they can't hear my voice. But they can hear the voice i make Example: Me tapping my laptop. Can you guys help me to fix this?

Solution
Make sure the right mic is selected in the recording device tab of sound manager.

Make sure the right device is selected in the skype settings menu under recording device in the audio section

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Make sure the right mic is selected in the recording device tab of sound manager.

Make sure the right device is selected in the skype settings menu under recording device in the audio section

Solution

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
That is irrelevant, it still needs to be set as the default device in both menus.

Also I can now reveal, you have 2 mics...one in the laptop and the one you plugged in. What is happening is, it is still using the onboard laptop (would explain tapping on laptop heard by friends).

You need to either select the driver you installed from these menus or you need to go into properties and set up the mic in the first place.

I am confident some or all of these steps need to be taken to resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.