Solved! Realtek wavessvc64.exe up to 70% CPU usage

Bubunya

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
G'day guys.
Here is a problem - Dell 7567 new laptop, clean Win 10 pro installed, all drivers up to date.
As soon as I start any players (audio, video, both you name it) anything that involves playing audio wavessvc64.exe crushed cpu usage chart - I have 2 processes with same name and each of them taking up to 35% of CPU usage. Both takes up to 70%.

39493799132_3c31d95569_o.jpg

39524000241_c8c9bd36e4_o.jpg

Been trying to uninstall and reinstall Realtek drivers, did fresh windows install, been trying to update it again - nothing works.
Been on the phone with dell techsup for hours, only solution they come up to was reinstall Realtek drivers with microsoft origin drivers. And it works - no high spikes or CPU usage anymore.
Aside of the other problem - sound is really creepy and flat, nothing even close to sound when realtek driver was installed, no stereo, no subwoofer - nothing.

Well and I have only two options right now - ether use realtec with abnormal cpu usage or stay with microsoft hd audio drivers with REALLY bad sound, but in this case what's the reason to pay for laptop with good audio system in it...
On top of that I am not sure my kid will be able to play games (got this laptop especially for her and her games) with such a CPU usage and (hope this not gonna happen) crushes 'cos of that.

Been browsing for last few days, can't find any solution aside it's a common problem with dell computers, especially so called "gamers" lines like XPS or such.

Anyone has any solution, any ideas on how to fix it or may be trick it to get normal rich sound while using microsoft hd audio drivers?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Here you go:
Type Sound on the Search bar on bottom of screen
Right click speakers and hit properties "or your default source if it's not speakers"
Go to Enhancements Tab
Check the box that says "Disable all Enhancements"

Other then that, I would suggest completely removing all the drivers and install the chipset drivers.

Bubunya

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015

Yep, I just tried few older versions from guru3d.
Funny thing is - been blocked update thru group policy, not connected to interned, unistall driver, install "new" old one - everything working perfect. Restart computer few times - no problem.
Switched to second account - and here we go, all over again. Switched back to admin account - and problem exist like I've never try to fix it.

Samething happens with taskbar - log into my admin account - everything (mostly) works perfect. Log out, log in to my kid account - taskbar on other monitor. Login back to admin account - all screwed up...

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Here you go:
Type Sound on the Search bar on bottom of screen
Right click speakers and hit properties "or your default source if it's not speakers"
Go to Enhancements Tab
Check the box that says "Disable all Enhancements"

Other then that, I would suggest completely removing all the drivers and install the chipset drivers.

Solution

Bubunya

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Seems it's been some problem/bug at the beginning with system/drivers installation which I did not catch in time.
Here is my other topic 'bout this laptop
I've been trying all images down to first one and all of them had same problem.
Will let my kid to play with it for a while and then will perform clean install again, this time will pay double attention to all details and will do images after every driver installed lol :D

Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!