DudeCritical

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
just upgraded my motherboard/ ram / and CPU.
motherboard - msi Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU - intel i7=6700k
GPU - nvidia gtx 1070
everything seems to be fine but my senhiser gaming one headset mic sounds like it has some sort of background noise blocking setting on making it sound very bad so i went to adjust the settings in realtek but it wont open. tried uninstalling/reinstalling and pretty much everything else i could think of or found on forums but still no luck.

Solution
Do you have a sound card? Make sure that the sound card is properly and fully seated. Check all connections to it.

Check inside the connection port - look for any signs of damage or debris that may be interferring with the connection. (Power off.)

Check the headset plug for signs of damage. Does not take much to cause shorting and static/background noise.

Try the headset/mic on another computer. Try another headset on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the headset or stays with the computer.

If the problem stays with the computer then download and reinstall new drivers via Realtek.

You might also try using an extension cable between the headset and computer. Just to see if the different plug connection makes a...
Do you have a sound card? Make sure that the sound card is properly and fully seated. Check all connections to it.

Check inside the connection port - look for any signs of damage or debris that may be interferring with the connection. (Power off.)

Check the headset plug for signs of damage. Does not take much to cause shorting and static/background noise.

Try the headset/mic on another computer. Try another headset on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the headset or stays with the computer.

If the problem stays with the computer then download and reinstall new drivers via Realtek.

You might also try using an extension cable between the headset and computer. Just to see if the different plug connection makes a difference.

Solution