reboot wireless mouse by unplugging and replugging receiver

PIERCEJEANS

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
My mouse just stopped working. Its a wireless... Bornd... and has performed flawlessly till now for about three years. There was no warning... it just stopped moving the cursor. I changed the batteries and carefully reinserted it... still no mouse. I consulted this site and another wireless mouse user said there was a reset button... which gave me an idea.

I HAVE no reset button, but I unplugged the USB receiver part from the computer and replugged it in again VOILA! Success. Works better than new. Don't know why, just know that unplugging USBs from the computer and reinserting them does something. Try this.

Solution
What unplugging the receiver does it reset it in Windows, and re-installs it if it's not seen by the system. Your issue was not with the mouse not talking to the receiver but the receiver not talking to the computer. One of the first troubleshooting steps would have been to test the mouse with another system, which would have shown where the issue is.
What unplugging the receiver does it reset it in Windows, and re-installs it if it's not seen by the system. Your issue was not with the mouse not talking to the receiver but the receiver not talking to the computer. One of the first troubleshooting steps would have been to test the mouse with another system, which would have shown where the issue is.

Solution