Dell Inspiron 17 5765 - Mouse issues

Feb 21, 2018
I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5765with Win 10, the touchpad works but no other mouse will.

I have three mice 2 are wireless and one is not, they work on other computers with no issues.

I can use other USB devices on the Dell laptop including my printer.

I have manually installed the drivers for each mouse and rebooted. I have checked the BIOS and don't think I see anything disabling the mice.

Device manager says "USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse" with an exclamation
or "USB wireless HUB" when it's the wireless mouse. It doesn't even acknowledge they are logitech

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I have booted in safe mode and uninstalled all universal USB drivers and rebooted. Still have problems.

Went to the dell site and downloaded and installed any drivers related to the USB controllers, still having the same problem.

It appears that it's not recognizing the USB controllers.

hope someone can help!

Solution
Your specs list your laptop to be based off AMD's components. You may want to uninstall your chipset/USB drivers from Uninstall Programs list and reinstall them using the latest drivers found off AMD's support site.

I would suggest prior to following the drivers workaround, make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision. If you're on an older BIOS revision, gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS update. Installing each revision one by one.

Lutfij

Splendid
Your specs list your laptop to be based off AMD's components. You may want to uninstall your chipset/USB drivers from Uninstall Programs list and reinstall them using the latest drivers found off AMD's support site.

I would suggest prior to following the drivers workaround, make sure you're on the latest BIOS revision. If you're on an older BIOS revision, gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS update. Installing each revision one by one.

Solution
Feb 21, 2018

THANK YOU!! I will try this!