Reccomendations for a Plasma Tv

33mikeg

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Should I even go with a plasma? If I should go with a plasma or any other HDTV, which one would you reccommend. Im not looking at sound packages or anything just strictly the tv as dont have enough money to get the whole shebang. I want at least 36 inches. Lemme put it this way, I have 3000 dollars to spend. If you had 3000 dollars to spen on a home cinema system, how would you use that money to get the 1337est system per dollar spent? Thanks
wink.gif

KingLoftusXII

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
If you had a dark room, or one that could be darkened, I'd get an Epson Cinema 1080UB projector, a cheap 110" screen, and use the rest for a basic sound set up with plans to update it in the future to true home theater. That's home cinema...

Otherwise, generally Panasonic and Pioneer garner the best overall reviews for plasmas with Samsung closing in with every new model. 50" models can easily be had for under 3g's, Pioneer being the priciest.

MarkyB

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
The best plasma televisions that are available are the Pionner Kuro. They have blacker blacks and more vivid colours than any other product on the market. The only other contenders are the Panasonic Plasma's. The Samsung plasma may look good but they dont perform as well.

TRENDING THREADS