Receiver for whole home audio AND surround sound

Drelief

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
So I have a 5.1 receiver connected via hdmi from my computer to my tv. Speaker wire connects to my speakers providing surround to my living room.

The living room also has 2 RCA cables that come out of the wall and power speakers throughout my house.

My question: is there a way to somehow split the audio signal so that I can have another output to the whole home audio rca plugs? Would this be accomplished via some speaker wire splitting or what? I have a denon avr 1613.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you do not have an amplifier that is powering the house speakers you will need a speaker selector switch that will connect both your front speakers and the house speakers. When you do this
If you do have an amp for the house speakers you will need a speaker to line level adapter so you can connect it to the front speaker output of the Denon.
The right way to do this is to use a 7.1 channel surround receiver and since you are doing 5.1 the extra 2 channels can be used to the house audio.
You can also use Sonos to provide house audio and just let the receiver alone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alphacoyle Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
4 Streaming Video & TVs 5
E Streaming Video & TVs 16
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 7