Recommend anti virus?

Leyha

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I'm thinking about which antivirus is good for my computer,
avast or kaspersky or ???,
i dont know which better for security, any recommend? i have money around 30$ and my os win 10 pro

Solution
Don't need to spend money to get some of the better Antiviruses, get Malwarebytes antivirus and AdwCleaner which I think Malwarebytes now owns.
Another option is AVG which is decent nowadays.

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Go with Bitdefnder. Top ranking over Avg, Avast, Kapersky, etc in the last few major tests run by respected 3rd party reviewers. They have a free version as well as paid.
Also pick up Malwarebytes. The free version doesn't run resident, but it's great for on demand scanning.

englandr753

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
If you can get your hands on a copy of ESET, its the best imo. I've had two customers that call me every 2 weeks with software issues and I used avg and bitdefender and neither programs stopped the problem.

I tried ESET, recommended by the microcenter rep and neither customer has had an issue they couldn't resolve on their own.

I do LOVE the interface with avast free but I have slight hesitance with their software since they got busted for imbedding software in their antivirus program to collect customer data for their own gain.

I second malwarebytes, free is fine. Just do the manual scan at least once a week.