Recommendations for laptop cooler with USB 3.0 hub and moveable fans

oao

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I am looking for a laptop cooler with a USB 3.0 hub and moveable fans.

While I am aware of the limited cooling effectiveness, Instead of buying just a USB hub, it makes more sense to buy a cooling pad that provides it and get the maximum possible cooling out of it. Since the laptop gets heated asymmetrically, the ability to move the fans is important.

I did some research and found very few products with this combination, but they don't have sufficiently favorable reviews for what they offer.

I would appreciate any recommendations and advice, preferrably with justifications.

Thanks.

hmm i have never seen a laptop cooler with a usb 3.0 hub but with a standard hub,yes.maybe i am missing out on cooling pad.well i my self use a cooler master notepal X3.the fan is non moveable(its a big solid fan) so far it did a good job.if u want something removable the cooler master U3 have 3 move able fans that u can place anywhere u like at the bottom of the laptop.

oao

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Yup, could not find one either. I wonder why they don't make them.

Apparently there was one:

http://usb.brando.com/usb-notebook-cooling-pad-with-usb-3-0-3-port-hub_p03001c053d015.html

but it was discontinued. I asked the vendor for mfgr info but got no reply.

My laptop has USB 4 and going to 2 is too much of a downgrade -- why have an efficient system and slow it down? A 4.0 hub is preferrable but then I won't have both in one unit and I need to upgrade the cooler too.