Recommendations/Help on Video Converter that Supports Dolby/DTS codecs

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I was trying to take a video, encoded with DTS codec and add some subtitles. I found out that I could not keep the original DTS and was being forced to convert to AC3 or another multi-channel format. Is there a video converter that can encode, or at least maintain existing DTS and Dolby formats, when it is necessary to do minor edits?

Why not just add subtitles as a subtitle file like most videos do so that way the user has a choice to turn them on or off, or like many players and software, you can choose the color, font, position, etc when it's a subtitie file. Doing it your way, you are hard coding them into the video and the user has no control over them.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007

Thanks for the responses. My issue isn't with additional subtitles, like I think you're referring to. For me it is for movies that are in English but that have parts in them where other languages are spoken. Normally, and on the DVD/Blu Ray/etc. these are already subtitled. This is what I'm referring to. For some reason, I've found where some of these get stripped during conversion. For some reason, when I found where they were kept and went to put them back in I would have to give up DTS or Dolby in exchange for AC3 or another format.