Recommended GPU for Custom Built Home Theater PC/System?

tarbulation

Estimable
Sep 30, 2015
Hello all,
I recently built a custom pc for my newly designed and self-installed home theater system. Below are the PC specs if this will help to answer the question I have...

Motherboard: MSI Micro ATX LGA 1150 B85M GAMING
CPU: Intel Core i3-4370 3.8 GHz Desktop Haswell Processor
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL8
Hard drives: A Crucial 256GB SSD and a WD 7200 drive for storage

Graphics Card: I am currently running a cheapy MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2048MB GDDR5.
I have video output running hdmi over cat-5e and then splitting off to a projector and LED display. It seems to be comfortably pushing 1080P 60hz to all my displays, however at times the signal may lag a little (this could also be my extenders or DA I understand).
This system is primarily used for watching dvds/bluerays, netflix and youtube off my browser, and light gaming.

Spending no more than around $350, what do you guys recommend in terms of a good graphics card for my uses within this system? Are there particular specs to look for in a GPU when pushing video at distances and to multiple displays?<p>
Side question...I am currently utilizing the 5.1 onboard surround sound through my MB and it seems to be performing OK. Would you guys also recommend a good sound card that could take my system up a notch?

Thanks in advanced for any thoughts and support!!!

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
It depends on what you mean by "light" gaming. For watching video, you really can't do any better. The only reason to get a better GPU is if you need better gaming performance.
If you are using a digital output for sound, a sound card won't help either. If you aren't using a digital output, I would recommend you upgrade/switch that.