Record at Native Framerate OR Desired Framerate?

Aaron36CF

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Hello.

I'm experimenting with different methods or recording and rendering gameplay footage on my PC and I had a minor question.

I run all of my games (if possible, of course) at 120fps to match my monitor's native display setting: 1080p @ 120Hz. Is it better to record my gameplay at its native fps (120) and lower it when rendering in Sony Vegas to 60fps, or just record it at the desired fps (60) for uploading to YouTube?

I hope this question makes sense and thanks for the help. :)

Solution
Hi,
I would suggest just keeping it at 120fps. It shouldn't result in any stuttering at least, which one generally gets when you frames aren't delivered in sync with your monitor. But, you can still get that sync if you go for half (or a quater) of the hz. That's why most console games are capped at 30fps (seeing as most TV's are 60hz), and not at, let's say, 40fps.

MythicalSnake

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hi,
I would suggest just keeping it at 120fps. It shouldn't result in any stuttering at least, which one generally gets when you frames aren't delivered in sync with your monitor. But, you can still get that sync if you go for half (or a quater) of the hz. That's why most console games are capped at 30fps (seeing as most TV's are 60hz), and not at, let's say, 40fps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS