Recording to a Camcorder from a CCTV camera

cat2edge

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
I use a CCTV camera in a water proof housing to record inspections of water wells casings. I've been able to use a CCTV camera with a camcorder in the past to record what I'm seeing on the LCD screen. Presently I've test the CCTV camera with a car rear view backup monitor and even tried a TV AV output - I get a visual on the screen of the camcorder no problem with both. When I connect this new CCTV camera with my camcorder in the same A/V port as I've done in the past nothing comes up on the TRV 900 camcorder's LCD screen. I've checked and double checked the wiring but can't get it to work. It's NTSC compatible - I've tried everything with the camcorder settings but nothing. Am I missing something?

Solution
You'll have to check the manuals of both devices. It's possible that the output signal isn't actually NTSC but rather ATSC, which would be incompatible

cat2edge

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015

cat2edge

Estimable
Dec 25, 2015
Thanks for the quick response. I figured it out and it did end up being a wiring mistake but of course I wish I had discovered this 2 weeks ago. I did look though the manual more thoroughly after your suggestion. Thanks for your help.