Recover my files after overwrite my disk

turuu19_89

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014
I'm having a big problem with recovering my pictures that is overwritten from my external hard drive. Please help me out. I tried the ParetoLogic Data Recovery Pro, and I did recover some of my pictures, but peace of some pictures are missing. Please help me?

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
If they were "overwritten" as in the drive physically changed the data the sectors, a recovery software program can't recover it, it's likely gone for good. The only way to get them back would be if you had set up a backup and can restore from it. The only thing you'll find from the recovery software is data that has been "soft" deleted, which basically means the sectors have been marked as free for other applications to make use of. In that case, they will be there as long a process doesn't write to those sectors.

USAFRet

Illustrious
And with images, one wrong bit can screw up the whole picture. Unlike a text document, where one wrong bit may be simply a different letter.

All these file recovery applications are NOT 100%. Do try a couple others, but accept the fact your pics may be gone/screwed up forever.