Recovery media for restoring the original contents on the HDD on HP pavilion dv6700 laptop

Solution
if hp wont supply you with a recovery disk then you will want to do an install of your favorite os.not at all trying to insult your intellegence;feel free to use it.

LinuxDevice

Prominent
May 20, 2017
A "Microsoft Registered Refurbisher" (sometimes hard to note this minor title on dealer web pages) can handle this if and only if you have the proper sticker on the laptop. Search for a "Microsoft Registered Refurbisher" in your area.

Sep 25, 2018
HP probably won't be able to help you out since the Hard Drive itself probably came from another manufacturer. I would trying getting a hold of the manufacturer of the hard drive ( Seagate, Samsung , etc ). Even though its an HP computer, the hard drive isn't made by HP. This is if you are trying to recover saved files or to a previous state but idk I have never needed to do this.

If you are trying to get the HDD back to the state exactly how HP shipped it out and not recover files or data then I dont know. Is there a specific reason as to why you want the Original contents on the HDD? Couldnt you just build a fresh OS on the same or new HDD?