Redbox Instant by Verizon Pricing and Launch Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Seems like a good, cheap service. Redbox kiosks are everywhere and streaming is cheap. Like all services, title library is going to be the deciding factor for everyone.

More competition is good, glad to see Verizon getting into the business

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
This would be good if the selection of Redbox movies was any good. Sure there are a few good ones but those also make it to Netflix and the rest are those horrible b-horror movies that are POS.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I have been keeping a close eye on this service and I'm pretty impressed. I've been somewhat dissapointed with Netflix's Instant additions of late and have been looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I won't be able to get this until support is added for my Sony Blu-ray player or my Roku box, as I don't always keep up on my Xbox Gold subscription and I doubt it will work with Silver.

ansemx324

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
I wish they hadn't gone with Silverlight - it doesn't/probably won't ever work with Linux and you have to reboot into Windows to stream anything.

Do a lot of people use linux? Of course not, but I was pretty hopeful seeing another service coming along that might use one of the other options that would be compatible, but oh well.

Still seems like a good service with pretty good prices though, Ill be keeping an eye on it!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Now that I think about it...I mean really think about it... Well, it might be kinda neat to encounter a "filthy uncanny and violent" breast...ya know?

gggplaya

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Those movies are already available on amazon prime instant video and netflix. You really aren't getting anything with this that you can't already get with netflix. It's the same instant online content you get with all 3 services. Most of which overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.