Reformat didn't work???

Joanneh

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I did at reformat on the asus laptop and it got to a certain part then said it couldn't reformat, restart
So I restarted it and now its on a continual loop going to the asus logo and off again.
How do I fix this
I can not press f9 it won't work
I can get into f2
Thanks guys

Solution
Sounds like it to me. When you start the machine, on the first black screen you might see an option to press a key for recovery. If that works you'll be back to square one with no programmes you installed and no personal data.

If you have important data you realy want back, take the laptop to a professoinal who can remove the disk and attempt to recover it. Don't overdo the importance of the files - it can affect the price you'll pay.

If you want to do it yourself, look for the hatch on the base which has a graphic icon of three little disks and unscrew it then carefully release the the disk. Buy a caddy or converter that comes with USB a lead or leads to connect to another PC. Download Recuva from www.piriform.com and...
If there's only one hard disk in that laptop you must have formatted the system out of existence. It probably went alright until it got to realise it was committing suicide and now it won't work at all.

Take the disk out and slave it to your other PC then reinstall Windows. This could cost you - the converter to plug the disk into another machine and possibly a new copy of Windows whatever. Is the Product Key visibly printed on a yellow CoA on the base of your laptop?

Joanneh

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I followed the promos I clicked on do you want reset your pc completely
Next one was fully clean my drive
R u saying I wiped windows out completely?

Sounds like it to me. When you start the machine, on the first black screen you might see an option to press a key for recovery. If that works you'll be back to square one with no programmes you installed and no personal data.

If you have important data you realy want back, take the laptop to a professoinal who can remove the disk and attempt to recover it. Don't overdo the importance of the files - it can affect the price you'll pay.

If you want to do it yourself, look for the hatch on the base which has a graphic icon of three little disks and unscrew it then carefully release the the disk. Buy a caddy or converter that comes with USB a lead or leads to connect to another PC. Download Recuva from www.piriform.com and see how much you can get back.

Solution