Registry Easy 5.1

djinn1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Hello,

I've been a happy user of Registry Easy for years.

The latest version, 5.1, which I just purchased, is causing me problems.

When I run it, some applications do not work properly - for example Notepad++ will not launch in Firefox and the Run command line is inoperative (IE works fine).

And when I turn the computer back on, if I have run RE, I get a black screen telling me there is a problem and to run Chkdsk/F to see whether my HD is damaged. I cannot start up in safe mode, the only thing that works is starting with the last known working configuration.

I emailed RE's tech support, who said "oh, sorry, guess you'll have to reinstall your OS", which I find is a pretty lame initial response to a client's tech support question.

Nevertheless, I did reinstall my OS this week-end (XP Pro SP3). As always, the computer was working fine.
I ran RE 5.1 and precisely the same things have occurred again.

RE's tech support is not responding.

Has anyone else encountered odd things with the latest version of RE?

Thanks for your help,

Djinn

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I'm not sure if your problem's a result of some QA fail by RE's makers, but you have to consider how important Registry Easy is for you. Honestly, it's possible to do most of what the program does with a little Google searching and some virtual elbow grease. What do you use Registry Easy primarily for?

djinn1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
RE (at least the previous version!) has kept my computers running smoothly for years, with none of the usual slowing down that typically occurs after a few months. That to me is valuable, and as the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I am not a techie, and I'm not about to go play with my registry. I'd tried other softs before to maintain my registry, and often some problems would arise.

Now that is happening with the lastest version of RE, and at the very least I'd like to know why and if others have the same problem or other problems.

Finally, if RE's tech support can't diagnose or fix the problem, then they should say so and reimburse the lifetime license I just purchased!