Remove Dell splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punani123

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
So ever since I've got this laptop off amazon, the boot up would be normal with only one splash screen (dots moving in a circle with windows logo) then it will go to the log in screen, but now, after I accidentally changed some things in the BIOS, there's this extra splash screen before the normal boot up where it has the dell logo with a loading "bar" below it and "f-2 setup, f-12 boot up options" at the bottom right. Does anyone know how to remove this splash screen cause for some reason, it's annoying me. I have already tried resetting to default settings in the BIOS, but this splash screen is still there during boot up.

Start> Search:

Type "msconfig" into the Search field, then select "msconfig.exe" from the search results. Click "Yes" to allow the program to run.

Select the "Boot" tab.

Select your preferred operating system from the list and click "Set as Default."

Change the "Timeout" field to zero seconds.

Click "OK" to save the changes and exit the System Configuration window.

Click the "Restart" button if you want to apply the changes right away; otherwise, click "Exit Without Restart."

Punani123

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016

the msconfig doesnt let me " set as default ", it tints it out and I can't select it. I already selected my OS( theres only one option ) and everything. I don't know why it doesnt let me select "set as default', please help!

After you power on the system, but before the operating system begins to load, press the <F2> key to enter the System Setup Program.
The System Setup Program screen appears. At the bottom of the screen will be instructions on how to navigate the menus.
Use the <Arrow> keys to navigate to the Main screen.
Change the Quiet Boot option to Disabled.

NOTE: When Quiet Boot is set to Disabled, it allows Power On Self Test (POST) messages and the summary screen to appear at system start-up. When Quiet Boot is set to Enabled (default), it prevents the diagnostic POST messages and summary screen from appearing at system start-up. If Quiet Boot is enabled, a boot device cannot be selected during start-up.
Press the <F10> key and then the <Enter> key to save the changes and exit the program.

Punani123

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016

sorry to disturb you once again, but my bios has no "quiet boot" option. My laptop is a dell inspiron 7559 with windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.