wyvern_0905

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
I bought an Acer Aspire E1-451G which was preinstalled with linpus linux 3.6.0 OS. Linux is an alien to me. I don't know anything about this. How will I remove this and install windows 7 instead. Please give me a detailed steps on how to do it. I have been researching for threads but to no avail I can't find a solution for my problem. I'm a noob in computer stuffs like this. please help.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
put a win7 install disk in your dvd drive and boot to the boot menu.select boot from cd/dvd and reboot the computer.from there just follow the prompts to install win7 make sure if your hdd is partitioned to remove said partitions.seclect custom install which is a clean install.that will erase all data on the drive,including your linux.

wyvern_0905

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks for the answer. I already have the win7 installed and the drivers. But there is another problem, I cannot make use of the AMD Radeon HD 87550M. I don't know how to switch the graphics. As a result, games are so laggy. I tried intalling the latest catalyst but to no avail, the options in the catalyst was down into two! previously I have many options [power plan, graphics, etc...] but now i only have CPU speed and power plan. What must I do? Thanks in advance (Y)

Gornknele

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

i have a problem.. solution is above this txt. but.. when i try all of that lap top don"t recognize the CD rom or optical device.. what is wrong with all of that, is is with setup on the lap top or something else.. please help...