repeatedly moving the same apps to the SD card

Ken CL

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
is there a way to not have to repeatedly move apps to the SD card on Galaxy S5 active. Its a nuisance every other day apps that where previously moved need to be moved again. Is it due to updates, is there an auto setting

Solution
There will always be some Apps that simply won't work from the SdCard and you might have found them. Device manufacturers and service providers conspire with each other to make sure you can't move them.

I don't know why but I suspect money comes into it somewhere.
There will always be some Apps that simply won't work from the SdCard and you might have found them. Device manufacturers and service providers conspire with each other to make sure you can't move them.

I don't know why but I suspect money comes into it somewhere.

Solution
I think that was the original idea but it may have been taken away by the update. I wondered why Android so suddenly reversed its decision to block use of an SdCard but the device manufacturers would prefer us not to do that. Also, some Service Providers might tweak Android to do what they tell it to.

That kind of interference could explain this rather bizarre behaviour.

That said, as webworkings points out, if you have it set to Portable Storage you have no chance but the App wouldn't have installed there in the first place.

The mystery deepens - are you sure you installed an App and not just copied it to the card?