Replacement battery discrepancy

DaddyDave1

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Looking online for a new battery for Asus X551M and the original battery states 11.25 v 2850mAh . Online replacements state on exact same battery # 14.4 v 2200 mAh . Is the slightly higher voltage and lower mAh rating going to make a difference?

DaddyDave1

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Ok, it turns out that a replacement battery can be up to 10-15% higher voltage but not lower. Of coarse the milliamp rating has only to do with the endurance of the battery. This other Hang-the-nine guys answer was somewhere out in left field. Didn't even come close to answering the actual question. Nice try Nine, go back a take another hit off the bong. Phew!

Feb 22, 2018

Just bought one and I noticed this same difference. At first, I was verrry hesitant in adding this into an Asus 551.

In highscool I had miss-wired a router in my robotics club to take 12volts instead of 9v and it ended badly, hence how I learned its the VOLTAGE that will cause things to go pop/boom, NOT amps.

So I checked the AC charger for the laptop and saw it provides 19volts. Therefore, there is circuitry in the laptop to deal with a variable range of voltage. The battery works in the laptop perfectly fin[strike][/strike]e since the goal was to just get the laptop running again in the first place it works! As for battery life, it's my parent's laptop to it rarely moves from its dedicated desk.