Question Replacement LED Backlights Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2021
I collected my LG 43UJ635v from repair shop today as I just had the LED backlights replaced. However, now on the screen these are several very visible white dots. There is also a small black mark on screen that looks like it’s behind the glass. Anyone know what is causing these issues before I take it back to repair shop. I have attached images for reference.

Jan 21, 2021
It appears as if they did not put the LED diffusers (covers that go over the bulb so as the light is dispersed evenly) onto the light strips. I would't be surprised if they charged you for new Light strips and then just replaced the bad LEDs and never put the light diffusers back on. As far as the black spot goes, Sheldon is correct they left something foreign inside the set. I would be bringing it back for sure. Next time ask for your old strips back.

OTG

Jan 22, 2021
It appears as if they did not put the LED diffusers (covers that go over the bulb so as the light is dispersed evenly) onto the light strips. I would't be surprised if they charged you for new Light strips and then just replaced the bad LEDs and never put the light diffusers back on. As far as the black spot goes, Sheldon is correct they left something foreign inside the set. I would be bringing it back for sure. Next time ask for your old strips back.

OTG
I took it back. Fixed it. But now, I see this very faint rings on screen, especially black screen. Did he damage screen with the suction cups?

Jan 21, 2021
Have you tried washing it off? Any ring by a suction cup would be on the outside of the set. i can't think of any reason anyone would suction cup the back of the screen. I would try to buff out the marks. Gets some isopropyl alcohol and mix a 50/50 solution with water and a soft shammy cloth. dampen cloth and in small circular motions try and buff the spots out. Do it light enough as not to worsen but hard enough to be worth while. If that don't work than it appears yes the screen is permanently maked

OTG

Feb 4, 2021
definitely the fusion diffusers are not in proper order or are missing some. The black spot looks like debris or a bug was left between the panels when assembled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.