Question Replacing cable equipment

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We have Charter/Spectrum. cable service. The router is their Askey RAC2V1K and the set-tops (DVR/Tuner) are their Spectrum 210 boxes. Aside from the 210s deciding to turn themselves on at random times (question about posted but not answered either here or on spectrum forums), I really don't care for paying $20/month for DVR service, $30/month for 3 receivers, $5/month for wi-fi, and $21/month for local tv access. Beside "cutting the cord" (I'll let you tell my wife she can't get MSNBC, HGTV, Food Network, etc), what options do we have.
FYI - We have one SMART tv, and two normal flat panels.

If you want all the services, you have no option to bypass the cable equipment. I would keep only one receiver for cable and use streaming services on the other TVs. DVR is also a so-so option due to streaming where you can play any show anytime. Assuming you have streaming services in addition to cable.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The streaming services I have are pretty much all from Samsung including PLEX, FreeVee, Tubi, etc. and their own TV Plus. It seems to me that cable modems were being reviewed and recommended all the time not that long ago. Did something change? And if the Missus can't get HGTV, MSNBC, Food Network, or Magnolia, I'll be back hear asking if anyone has a spare bedroom.