Report: Amazon Tablet to Hit in August/Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I may get this if it's any good. Apparently the iPad 3 is coming out this fall as well with a high res display, so I'll look into that as well

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]I may get this if it's any good. Apparently the iPad 3 is coming out this fall as well with a high res display, so I'll look into that as well[/citation]

Ipad 3 this year? I doubt it. It's still hard to get an Ipad 2.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
If this can do Kindle and has a web browser, expandable storage, playback video and music and is not much more expensive than a Kindle then it may destroy the tablet market.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]If this can do Kindle and has a web browser, expandable storage, playback video and music and is not much more expensive than a Kindle then it may destroy the tablet market.[/citation]

That's almost like saying "if it has all of the features necessary to destroy the tablet market, then it will destroy the tablet market".

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Errr... who would want both a tablet and a kindle? How can they possibly validate needing both an ereader and a tablet, which is perfectly capable of displaying text? It's great to have another option, but I don't understand their statement that it will not replace the kindle, as if you'll need both to choose to read a book or watch a movie? Makes no sense.

Mind you, having a more affordable dedicated e-reader still available of course makes sense. Just the company comments seem strange to me. It would make more sense to say that "the tablet will be fully capable of ereading like a kindle, but the kindle will still be available for its great e-ink feature and affordability".

virthddman

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
The Tablet war is alive and well - I welcome Amazon's offering, looking forward to see the specs, reviews - may consider one, among other Tablets.

Android device security is important - I recommend 2x mobiledevicemanager
Download at http://www.2x.com/mobiledevicemanager
or from the Android Market

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
This should heat up the competition in the tablet market, hope Amazon’s tablet will be a serious rival for Apple’s iPad.

6kaine9

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
The Kindle ereader is by far the best device made for READING. If you want to do anything other than READING (i.e. watch video or surf the web) it's probably not ideal, but you really can't compare the Kindle with a tablet. E-ink technology is crisp, clear, and does not tire your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.