Report: Chinese Prisoners Turned to Gold Farmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]12hours of WoW or manual labor.. hmm hard choice.[/citation]

It said they had to do both.

G

Nuke China like General Douglas MacArthur wanted to and you solve half the world's problems. Bass Ackwards country.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
[citation][nom]ScrewChina[/nom]Nuke China like General Douglas MacArthur wanted to and you solve half the world's problems. Bass Ackwards country.[/citation]
and what answer would MacArthur have for the nukes flying to the US from the Soviets? China has more billionaires than the US, more cellphones than people in living in the US, and is poised to take over economic and technolgical global leadership within the next two decades (if not sooner)? 'Bass Ackwards' people like yourself apparently do not open your eyes.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The ONLY reason WHY China has turned into an economic power house (and manufacturing giant, and holder of huge amounts of US debt) is because Nixon and the other globalist elite allowed this fascist dictatorship to become the worlds slave wage manufacturing nation.

China and other nations like it are criminal syndicates for corporations that want to get labor for almost free and rake in huge profits .

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]China and other nations like it are criminal syndicates for corporations that want to get labor for almost free and rake in huge profits .[/citation]
And things are so much different here in the US ::facepalm::

DalaiLamar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]The ONLY reason WHY China has turned into an economic power house (and manufacturing giant, and holder of huge amounts of US debt) is because Nixon and the other globalist elite allowed this fascist dictatorship to become the worlds slave wage manufacturing nation.[/citation]

Nixon or not, it was just a matter of time.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ScrewChina[/nom]Nuke China like General Douglas MacArthur wanted to and you solve half the world's problems. Bass Ackwards country.[/citation]

Don't blame China for the irresponsible US citizens. What do you think will happen when you want to have the newest and shiniest stuff at rock bottom prices? Companies deliver what consumers want, and if consumers want cheap, companies go to China.

If Western consumers had been contented with buying high quality, durable goods and use them as long as possible, we wouldn't need low wage slave labour and huge credit lines, the two things that brought China to power. Oh, and we would avoid lots of pollution and resource wasting.

But wait... How can I possibly live if I don't get a new iDevice and way to big SUV every 5 seconds? I'll die! Corporations will die!

The Western consumerist model is a disaster for the West, not China. It's like blaming the nuke for falling on your city rather than the nation that fired it.

dbonetrain

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
All I see is alot of misinformed people posting about things they do not really care about.

I could care less who makes the products as long as it is cheap. If that said country housing all the low wage workers become the wealthiest country, good for them.

The strong will survive the new coming of power.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]The ONLY reason WHY China has turned into an economic power house (and manufacturing giant, and holder of huge amounts of US debt) is because Nixon and the other globalist elite allowed this fascist dictatorship to become the worlds slave wage manufacturing nation. China and other nations like it are criminal syndicates for corporations that want to get labor for almost free and rake in huge profits .[/citation]

Were Chinese people better off before the economic reforms that started in the 1980s? I don't think so!
Standard of living has grown immensely since then.

China's contact with the free world will eventually lead to some sort of revolution in China unless the Chinese communists start reforms quickly.
The only question is, if the revolution is going to be peaceful like all but one of the revolutions that brought down the Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact, or if the Chinese communists are going to use force.

Have u forgotten that China is a nuclear power or is your chimp brain stuck in 1960s mode?

G

U.S prisons have the highest murder rate in the world... in U.S. people die because they play wow too much and forget to eat. There have been cases where mothers forgot about their children because they were playing wow. And you say China has problems?

preety soon, China will have a living standard that cannot support the production of goods at a low cost so... they will move the factories to Africa and hire (pardon me, enslave) the people from over there.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]amabhy[/nom]It said they had to do both.[/citation]
that's what prison is for...they get free food and a place to sleep....what are they complaining about?

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]And things are so much different here in the US ::facepalm::[/citation]
You have got to be kidding me. Ever heard of things like labor unions or minimum wage laws? Ever heard of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) or Equal Opportunity Act? Next time you do a facepalm, put a book into your hand first and maybe it will knock some sense into you.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
a prisoner who would break rocks and dig trenches in the coalmines of north-east China by day

Hear this government hacks, you could learn a few things from the Chinese. Maybe instaed of trying to shut down our coal mines, oil wells, gas wells, nuclear and anything else that not fit your tree hugging green agenda.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
This is OLD news. Seriously. I read this the better part of a week ago on Gizmodo. Seriously, give us fresh news not old news. That's just gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.