Report: Chinese Prisoners Turned to Gold Farmers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Probably it is time to change your site's name to TomsTrashNews.com from Harware.
What in the world has this news to do on your site? Nothing better to write about?

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]You have got to be kidding me. Ever heard of things like labor unions or minimum wage laws? Ever heard of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) or Equal Opportunity Act? Next time you do a facepalm, put a book into your hand first and maybe it will knock some sense into you.[/citation]
We are very different here in the old USA ...we just use citizens from other countries to do hard labor.
Maybe we had less criminals if they knew they are up for some hard labor in prison instead of a vacation spot.

valpanig

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I try not to buy chinese products, last time i envested 30$ in two beautiful USA made pipe wrenches. Could not be happier. Next thing, what do you know...those blody illigals took my job !

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]DalaiLamar[/nom]Nixon or not, it was just a matter of time.[/citation]

WHY would you say that?

If the elite that control the US gov't were truly representing the the best interests of its citizens (and not corporate interests) trade relations would never have been established the way they were with such slave wage nations. Every time when these unconstitutional trade organizations the US general public were completely against them by an overwhelming majority yet because of lobbyists with big pockets these illegal agreements were allowed.

I'm not blaming China, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese fascists dictators made agreements that would help make those that made these agreements legal (us gov't officials) very rich in the end once the arrangements were put in action.

Add to the mix "the party line" that the media and universities propagated endlessly "cheap goods are wonderful, no drawbacks" to the general public and you have what we have today.

valpanig

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]WHY would you say that?If the elite that control the US gov't were truly representing the the best interests of its citizens (and not corporate interests) trade relations would never have been established the way they were with such slave wage nations. Every time when these unconstitutional trade organizations the US general public were completely against them by an overwhelming majority yet because of lobbyists with big pockets these illegal agreements were allowed.I'm not blaming China, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese fascists dictators made agreements that would help make those that made these agreements legal (us gov't officials) very rich in the end once the arrangements were put in action. Add to the mix "the party line" that the media and universities propagated endlessly "cheap goods are wonderful, no drawbacks" to the general public and you have what we have today.[/citation]
We just have to buy less unnecessary plastic goods made there. We don't need that much of it. My entire bedroom must go to dumpster, so many little things around, from toys to dvd covers to crazy glue and Dust Off cans...( correction Dust Off made in USA) we can keep that

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Ughh..all because china's citizens can't keep it in their pants. overpopulation at its finest folks; soon to be a worldwide problem (hopefully after i'm dead)

DalaiLamar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]WHY would you say that?If the elite that control the US gov't were truly representing the the best interests of its citizens (and not corporate interests) trade relations would never have been established the way they were with such slave wage nations. Every time when these unconstitutional trade organizations the US general public were completely against them by an overwhelming majority yet because of lobbyists with big pockets these illegal agreements were allowed.I'm not blaming China, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese fascists dictators made agreements that would help make those that made these agreements legal (us gov't officials) very rich in the end once the arrangements were put in action. Add to the mix "the party line" that the media and universities propagated endlessly "cheap goods are wonderful, no drawbacks" to the general public and you have what we have today.[/citation]

Nixon and the likes are given too much credit for China's rise. People on the other side of the Pacific attribute it to Deng Hsiao Ping who opened the gate and let out his people's business enterprises by introducing the capitalist economy. The Chinese people are very similar to the Taiwanese, Hongkongers and even Korean and Japanese in the work ethics.

DalaiLamar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

Nixon and the likes are given too much credit for China's rise. People on the other side of the Pacific attribute it to Deng Hsiao Ping who opened the gate and let out his people's business enterprises by introducing the capitalist economy. The Chinese people are very similar to the Taiwanese, Hongkongers and even Korean and Japanese in the work ethics.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
I find it ironic that this article is about gold farming originating in China when indeed the advertisements just above ^ originate in China too, it, like selling virtual goods for valued currency, is also illegal.

G

I think everyone is missing the key sentence here.. WoW is raking in over a billion rl USD for people by selling virtual gold in an mmorpg. What the hell is wrong with this world when we are buying fake money in a fake world to buy fake stuff in order to accessorize our fake lives?

G

US has more prisoners than China despite being several times smaller, and also uses its prisoners for manual labor. Go figure.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Were Chinese people better off before the economic reforms that started in the 1980s? I don't think so!Standard of living has grown immensely since then.China's contact with the free world will eventually lead to some sort of revolution in China unless the Chinese communists start reforms quickly.The only question is, if the revolution is going to be peaceful like all but one of the revolutions that brought down the Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact, or if the Chinese communists are going to use force.Have u forgotten that China is a nuclear power or is your chimp brain stuck in 1960s mode?[/citation]

Our best hope is to spark a civil war and hope that it keeps on going for as long as possible. They would easily fall in a cycle of mass starvation.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Wait til China starts collecting on that debt. The US will become the new slave labor nation.https://www.cia.gov/library/publica [...] 7rank.html[/citation]

Its called WW3. We will never pay that debt and never intended to do so.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tommysch[/nom]Its called WW3. We will never pay that debt and never intended to do so.[/citation]
what debt? US is the power of the world.....it does not have any debt....sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.