Report: Microsoft Testing WP8 on Dual-Core CPU for Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
why is wp 8 being called 'apollo'? that is way off of 'mango'.
or is it like when someone yells 'MANGOOOO!!' and you gotta answer 'APOLLOOO'...

G

Yeah, but will current Mango devices be upgraded to Apollo when it's released? Nobody seems to be saying!

G

I think mango is sweet which gives customers a good chance to try new platform. Then we dance tango everywhere, expand more customer base around the world. Finally, time to boost sales with apollo, launching to new levels of satisfation.

Hehe not sure if i'm right about that.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Hmm. I wonder where all the android and iOS fanboys are to hate on Windows Phone?

I am excited that Sprint is doing this. It must be an LTE headset since Verizon and Sprint have a hard time getting CDMA phones. Either way, Apollo is going to be a great update for everyone but I am pretty sure most 1st gen Windows Phone user are upgrading.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
"removable microSD card storage." +1

it must be cool going your own way and not blindly copying apple

should also support LTE, NFC, USB mass storage and stuff like that

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]FooDaddy[/nom]Yeah, but will current Mango devices be upgraded to Apollo when it's released? Nobody seems to be saying![/citation]

There probably won't be any WP7 to WP8 upgrades on the WP7 hardware, but I say this out of speculation.

[citation][nom]phamhlam[/nom]Hmm. I wonder where all the android and iOS fanboys are to hate on Windows Phone?I am excited that Sprint is doing this. It must be an LTE headset since Verizon and Sprint have a hard time getting CDMA phones. Either way, Apollo is going to be a great update for everyone but I am pretty sure most 1st gen Windows Phone user are upgrading.[/citation]

Most people stopped hating on Windows Phone once version 7 came out because unlike all older versions, WP7 is actually good. At that point it was mostly people who has bad experiences with WP6.x or jumped on the hate Microsoft bandwagon for various reasons.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]congthanhgiong[/nom]I think mango is sweet which gives customers a good chance to try new platform. Then we dance tango everywhere, expand more customer base around the world. Finally, time to boost sales with apollo, launching to new levels of satisfation.Hehe not sure if i'm right about that.[/citation]
That's the most creative sales pitch I've heard in a while!

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I'm pretty sure that the other devices will be upgradeable to WP8, at least from what I read a while ago on the dev forums.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]There probably won't be any WP7 to WP8 upgrades on the WP7 hardware, but I say this out of speculation.Most people stopped hating on Windows Phone once version 7 came out because unlike all older versions, WP7 is actually good. At that point it was mostly people who has bad experiences with WP6.x or jumped on the hate Microsoft bandwagon for various reasons.[/citation]
Your speculation is wrong. Nokia has openly confirmed that the first batch of Lumia, namely 710, 800 and 900 can be upgraded to Apollo once it comes out. That means, all our current handsets are upgradable too, regardless of generations. Since MSFT placed a strict requirements on hardware since day 1, then all handsets shouldn't have any problems upgrading, the only thing unconfirmed is Tango phones running on lower spec.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]alikum[/nom]Your speculation is wrong. Nokia has openly confirmed that the first batch of Lumia, namely 710, 800 and 900 can be upgraded to Apollo once it comes out. That means, all our current handsets are upgradable too, regardless of generations. Since MSFT placed a strict requirements on hardware since day 1, then all handsets shouldn't have any problems upgrading, the only thing unconfirmed is Tango phones running on lower spec.[/citation]

[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]I'm pretty sure that the other devices will be upgradeable to WP8, at least from what I read a while ago on the dev forums.[/citation]

Well, it seems that I stand corrected about upgrading to WP8. Thanks for the info, it sucks to just sit here and be wrong.

G

Im excited about the new WP8..but i want to know if it will be able to support file sharing, over bluetooth connection..and if it will have File explorer for easier and convenient management of files,just like there was in Windows Mobile 6 and 5..

Status
Not open for further replies.