Report: MSFT, Nokia in 'Final Stage' Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
"Bloomberg’s source said Nokia and Microsoft believe they’d be better equipped to take on Microsoft and Apple if they team up..."

I think you meant Google and Apple.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]"Bloomberg’s source said Nokia and Microsoft believe they’d be better equipped to take on Microsoft and Apple if they team up..."I think you meant Google and Apple.[/citation]

You're so right! Should be all fixed now. : )

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
If this is true then I'm jumping right off the Nokia bandwagon forever, Windows Phone 7 is pretty crappy and will probably fail like the Zune did.

I would rather buy an Android device over this any day.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
if you want to buy a Nokia, you look around and there are lots and lots of models to choose from. after a while, you get confuse and you hold off the purchase. then you see apple. few choices, simple to remember the specs and you decide this is it.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]Nokia still makes phones? It seems here in the US all we see is HTC (ick) and Samsung.[/citation]
yes nokia still makes the best phones...that's all you see all over europe

wunderkinder

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
This might push innovation on Windows Phone 7 side... It's gonna be cool to see what comes out of android, ios, windows, web0s and rim(?)... I wonder who is going to die off first.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]NeBuN[/nom]yes nokia still makes the best phones...that's all you see all over europe[/citation]Which Europe are you talking about? All I see around (in job, public transport, street) are HTC, Samsung, Apple and other smartphones. The companies still use Nokia as employee phones, OTOH.

Well, perhaps people with Nokias just don't pull them out in public... :)

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Android had the same problems that WP7 has when it was initially launched.Hope this will be a good opportunity for Nokia and Microsoft to strike back.

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
it’s also worth noting that Elop is a former Microsoft executive himself, so he’s among friends in Redmond anyway.

I'm not normally one to see conspiracies everywhere, but would microsoft have the balls to sneak one of their executives into such a high position in an attempt to have their "own" mobile devices company that would run only windows on their devices...

G

Nokia is principally a handset maker, just like HTC, which means there is nothing stopping them from backing more then one horse (HTC makes both android and wm7 devices)

What would be even more interesting is if Nokia can make a cross platform handset that can boot into WM7/Android/WebOS i would imagine that would sell like hot cakes

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I don't think that using WM7 on Nokia phones is the best choice to Nokia.
If they had something like an Android AND a WM7 phone than it would be interesting. They cant be idiots by just sticking with MSFT on this. If a company isn't doing great they should stick with all sides instead of choosing the only one that isn't exactly on the market yet. Ok, they have a phone, but they don't have a 'huge' market anyway. Only MS fans have those phones yet.

I think that while Nokia have to think about a new WM7 phone they should take the N8 and put Android in it. Of course it doesn't have a killer hardware, but it has a great camera and it would be nice to see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.