Report: Retina Display iPad Mini Coming This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
I didn't see this coming at all, when the Mini first came out, I never ever thought to myself "They didn't put a Retina display in it just so they can put one in the next one to make it seem better."

stormblade42

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
This is the problem I have with Apple. They build a product that could be so much more but they choose to withhold features for future "upgrades". Their greed is their undoing which is why the Android featured companies have gained and surpassed them, in certain aspects.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Apple releases the first gen, and holds back certain features so they can bring out the same product within a year with the upgrades to maximize their profit because they have nothing else to add until anroid comes out with features they can copy.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
you guys honestly believe apple is the only company guilt of using old hardware on new products? samsung is probably the biggest culprit... just look at the differences between the galaxy tab 1 2 and 3

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Every company does that, for low end product you wait for the price of the components to sink first which is very logical. What else do you expect Apple to do? On their high end product there were the first to use high resolution displays.

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
At the time the iPad Mini was released a 2048x1536 pixel screen on an 8" device was pretty much cutting edge. They couldn't power that size screen from an A5 chip and cram a big enough battery in there to give the standar 10 hours of battery life. At the time they had little choice as the Mini wasn't a premium device.

Joshua Boram

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
If Apple does release the Retina iPad mini, ill be buying it. There no sense in buying an iPad if it doesn't have a Retina display. Fairly funny though, because I recently saw that Hawaiian Airlines just bought 1500 non retinas for their Airplanes. Maybe Apple gave them a good deal before the Retina will come http://VaultFeed.com/hawaiian-airlines-gets-ipad-mini-entertainment-instead-of-traditional-junk/ - I dont know, but im really glad that I have an iPad. Hawiian Airlines wants to charge a crazy $17 bucks a flight for using the iPad Mini. That seems crazy. Ill just wait and buy the iPad retina as soon as it comes out! lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.