Report: Windows Phone 7 Launching in 10 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostyfireball

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]With only snippet previews of the phones you have to search for online, the screens are too small anyway. Also I dont want anything Crapbox(360) on any phone of mine. Give me a 4.5 inch screen droid x,evo,iphone 4 killer please![/citation]

I'm surprised there arn't any 4.3 inch phones leaked yet, like you are. I think 3.7 to 4 inches like the nexus, incredible and galaxy S is about the perfect size though, so I don't care too much. 3.5 feels too cramped, while 4.3 feels too large to me for daily use.

mugiebahar

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
soldier37 apple fan are we? I like the iphone but win phone looks pretty good. I think you need to rethink your biased opinion.

G

I hope this phone will be a success to compete with iPhone and Android. We only have hope for WP7 and WebOS to success so that we have more choice in the future.

So far, WP7 display looks good and new, and not so apps centric. The lack of basic functionality like Copy/Paste/SD Card Support/Multitasking might hold me for a while, but these features will come in the future, so I am willing to wait.

G

There seems to be a October 11 Launch date, and a November 8 Sales date, when you can actually buy one of these devices, in the U.S.A.
I am waiting for a none phone version of one of these devices. When will those be launching ?

G

an Xbox Portable? we can only hope.
i'll get a WP7 for sure though.

G

Will be waiting till June cause of ATT problems out here. I am hoping Microsoft has made another gaming worthy platform to match the Xbox, Xbox 360, and the best gaming experience ever, Windows.

G

News to me. I thought that T-Mobile was also going to launch a non-CDMA Win Phone 7 in November. Don't think ATT has a lock.

sultansulan

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
WP7. Too bad it's going to miss this, plus much more,
To
Few apps, if there even are any
No Tethering
No Copy & Paste
No Unified Inbox
No Third Party Multitasking
No Fast app switching
No HTML5 or Flash
No CDMA phones till 2011
No 16GB phones announced
No Swype
No Spotify, Better and more music than the Zune. Available for the iPhone also.
No Flexible
Not Free and Open

You are forced to use Bing. Hear what I say. forced ...
I would not be forced to do something.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Man no teathering... thats a deal killer I was intrested, but now that intrest is significantly deflated. the only reason i still use me touch pro 2 is becaus it teathers! guess im going for the droid :D

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Not interested at all unless the phones are outrageously cheap (read: free). This OS will be 18 months outdated the instant it is released. We all chastised Apple for a lack of basic features but they were delivered with 3.0 way back in January... of 2009. Now they are on 4.0 and Android is on 2.2.

Why would anyone purchase one of these phones given the other options from Apple and Android?

Wait, who am I kidding, there are plenty of MS trolls on this site alone who will buy one of these phones.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]wintermint[/nom]Get tethering back on it...[/citation]
Even if there's no first party tethering, doesn't necessarily mean there won't be tethering at some point. :)

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Not interested at all unless the phones are outrageously cheap (read: free). This OS will be 18 months outdated the instant it is released. We all chastised Apple for a lack of basic features but they were delivered with 3.0 way back in January... of 2009. Now they are on 4.0 and Android is on 2.2. Why would anyone purchase one of these phones given the other options from Apple and Android? Wait, who am I kidding, there are plenty of MS trolls on this site alone who will buy one of these phones.[/citation]
Who would purchase an iPhone when it didn't even have basic features like MMS? Tons of people. Same deal with Android, initial models were weak, the OS had problems and lacked tons of features, poor app availability, etc.

There will always be early adopters, and as they improve things (as Apple and Android did) they will be able to draw in more people. I probably wouldn't have bought an Android-based phone a year ago. But they're pretty solid now. So if you aren't condemning iPhone and Android, is it fair to condemn WP7 for the same teething issues?

I say bring on more competition - new BB OS, new WebOS devices, and WP7.

Status
Not open for further replies.