Request: how to view pics on PC w/o proprietary SW

fastshot

Estimable
May 7, 2014
I've got a Nikon Coolpix L27 camera and it carries on its own software to view the pics taken on my PC under Windows XP Pro SP3. I've linux too and it doesn't need nikon software because of its universal drivers.

Now I'd want to know if it's possible to view and navigate Nikon's memory (and pics within it) as a pendrive without installing nikon's sw. I checked out nikon's menu but I saw nothing to switch the devide as a common pendrive.

So I'm looking for a method to do it: maybe adding some drivers to WIN or a very light and standalone sw not to install nikon's sw again. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance. See you.

fastshot

Estimable
May 7, 2014
JPG format. I've red of RAW format images within digital cameras but, as a newbie, I don't know if my camera does too. Anyway I'm just interested to final JPGs. Some suggestions about drivers or standalone softwares? ...For now I connect my camera under linux and copy-and-paste them to my PC.

fastshot

Estimable
May 7, 2014
Your question drives me confused. Could it be possible to transfer them without viewing them? If yes explain me how, I'm a very newbie.

My goal is not to install nikon sw to browse-view-transfer images but do that in another way. Consider that nikon sw is 95MB and Gimp 87MB so there's not so difference. My goal is to get only drivers to make my windows able to see my camera's memory in its browser and then take images. Just that. The problem is I'm not able to get those drivers from nikon website so I wonder if there were universal ones or anyway a method to get my goal.

The question was not meant to confuse but to clarify whether or not the issue was with transferring the files or viewing them on the computer. I understand now. I know you want a driver to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer but aside from one from Nikon I don't know where you can get one. The easiest solution, if you use the SD card for storage, is to remove the memory card and use a card reader to copy the pictures from the SD card. This won't require a driver from Nikon.

fastshot

Estimable
May 7, 2014
I see now :) Anyway and as a very newbie I really don't understand how Linux-based Ubuntu doesn't need nikon drivers. From that I guessed it'd has been a way in windows too... but I trust you. Thanks anyway for your time and help.