Requested resource is in use.

ezgoing101

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I had the same problem as others. Tried all the solutions as published, even trying to bootable SD card with maleware software on it. I still get the same results even if the try to run it from the SD card. Please help.!!!!

Solution
Persistence.....

Yes there is a point where JoshRoss's post is certainly something to be strongly considered.

However, if the problem (whatever source and nature) continues then the time and effort to do the clean install is lost.

Go ahead and stop/disable any "nice to have" background apps.

No harm in carefully peeking and poking into things via the tools.

And although it can be a bit steep of a learning curve you are likely to learn other useful things as well.

It is up to you as to if and when troubleshooting is at a point of diminishing returns and you decide to do the clean install.

Use Task Manager or Performance Manager as well.

Not sure what resource is in use.

Or what the "same problem" actually is. More information is needed.

As I understand your post you are trying to remove malware on the system drive via an external bootable drive with anti-malware installed.

Specifically a SD card inserted into an SD slot on the computer or via on of the SD/USB Thumb drive adapters.

And the removal is failing because the SD or USB ports is/are in use - correct?

Or, from the other viewpoint, you have an infected SD card that you want to clean and reformat.

Please clarify and add some details. Thanks.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
What exactly is the problem and what are you trying to do that the issue presents itself? SD drives might easily not work for that issue. And as Ralston said, please be more thorough with what your end-goal is, so we can try giving you are a more thorough solution.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Oh, Mdd, being cheesy as always :D Totally acceptable, I wouldn't resist either.

So, OP, have you had any luck solving your issues? If something did work, we would appreciate you posting what worked for other people that might have this issue in the future.

ezgoing101

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
The same as others, meaning whenever I try to use a malware program, "Requested Resources in Use" comes up and I can't run it. Same goes for when I try to run the same programs off an USB. I have an unlock code to put in when I first log in on my personal computer. The virus won't let me disengage the unlock code, so that I can put it in safe mode and then try to run the malware. If I don't disengage the code, (which I can't), when I put it into safe mode, and I try to use the unlock code, it tells me that I put in the wrong unlock code.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
You could try using RKill, to kill malicious processes, CCleaner to clean up cached and registry files and then try doing a scan? Or booting into safe mode and then trying RKill.

In addition to mdd's booting, you can also make a bootable anti-virus, which would be a very minimal OS with tools to cleanup your PC.

ezgoing101

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Ok I've done that and ran it. It said that3 it had gotten rid of some Trojans. When I tried to again run a malware program the same response came up and I wasn't able to run it. Please help.

Boot up as you normally do.

Open Resource Monitor and watch what is going on for a few minutes or until the system stabilizes.

Then, keeping the window open and slid to one side, start your AV. Watch for some resource change(s).

Performance Monitor, and Task Manager, may also help you delve into what may be happening.

ezgoing101

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I have even done the offline bootable defender to an usb, which scaned it, said there were issues and cleaned it. But after the reboot and trying to run a malware program, I received the same results.

The objective is to identify what the "in use" resource actually is.

May not even really be in use - the software may be buggy and just think that the resources is in use.

Reduce the number of programs that run at startup. Stop or otherwise disable as many background apps as you can.

Determine if stopping one specific program or combination of programs frees the resource.

[EDIT: Resource Monitor is one of three useful built in tools (Task Manager and Performance Monitor being the other two tools. Type in the desired tool name into the "Type here to search"]

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
At this point, it would be the best for you to do backups of your device and just do a clean Windows install. It seems it will take a lot longer to deal with the issue than to do a clean install and setup your PC.

Persistence.....

Yes there is a point where JoshRoss's post is certainly something to be strongly considered.

However, if the problem (whatever source and nature) continues then the time and effort to do the clean install is lost.

Go ahead and stop/disable any "nice to have" background apps.

No harm in carefully peeking and poking into things via the tools.

And although it can be a bit steep of a learning curve you are likely to learn other useful things as well.

It is up to you as to if and when troubleshooting is at a point of diminishing returns and you decide to do the clean install.

Use Task Manager or Performance Manager as well.

Solution