Resale value of my outdated gaming pc.

Chaitanyamd

Prominent
May 7, 2017
Hello.,
I just wanted to know the resale price of my old pc cause i want to sell it. It has:
1.8GB ram hyperx 1866 mhz
2.AMD FX 6300
3. ASUS Strix Nvidia gtx 960 4GB OC version.
4. Asus M5A28LM usb3 motherboard.
5. Full size gaming case.
6. 500W PSU
7. 1TB Seagate 7200rpm hardrive.
These are the specs.

Thank you guys for all your replies.
(I got this system with monitor and dragon war gear under $1000)

DSzymborski

Distinguished
I'd guess around $350, assuming you have a legal Windows install, a decent mid-range quality case, and a competent power supply rather than OEM or bargain bin junk. If Windows isn't included and the power supply is some firestarter, knock off the amount a new user would have to pay to get those.

If you're interested in selling, you need to start a post in the proper forum and follow the rules for sales that are laid out in the sticky.

Chaitanyamd

Prominent
May 7, 2017

Are you sure its only $350???
i bought the system for about $1000 ayear ago.

DSzymborski

Distinguished

Well, that's $350 *if* you have a case and a power supply of decent quality and legitimate Windows. Since this is sounding like a prebuilt, then the first two, especially the power supply, is a likely no.

The big problem you have is that you're thinking of the value of your build based on what you paid for it, not what the parts are worth. This build wasn't a good use of $1000 a year ago; even a year ago, once you get past $500 (and that's, again, with a decent PSU), I'd have counseled a different set of parts. And time has been unkind to this platform; DDR4 RAM is mainstream, the Ryzens are out, and Intel has a Pentium at around $60 that crushes this CPU.

If I'm wrong on what you can actually fetch for this build, I suspect I'm more likely high than low.