Reset Laptop, Now what?

Aug 10, 2018
Good morning all!

Ok, here's the situation. I thought I was going to sell my laptop, so I reset it back to factory, removed everything. Now, it runs like trash....my internet speed is horrible, when I run a speedtest, it's slower than molasses (sometimes sub 1.0 Mbps). I run a speedtest on my mobile phone right after to check, and it's connected to the same network, and I'm getting 30-40 Mbps. Also, websites are loading properly. Or taking forever to load. There is definitely something off when I can boot into Safe Mode, the internet speeds are fine, but when I'm in the Normal mode, I'm being choked.

I talked to one guy and he said when you buy a laptop new, it comes from the factory with specific codecs so when you turn it on and register it with the manufacturer, it will in turn, start to update all the drivers and software automatically. But then if you do a factory reset, it will not do it again, so you have to do it manually.

Problem is, I'm not sure what I need to update. Is there a guide of software and hardware that you manually need to update after a factory reset?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

• Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    16 GB Ram

Recap on Problems after Factory Reset:

• Internet Speeds slow
    Web pages very slow to load
    Cannot turn off Touchpad when a Mouse is connected

Steps I've taken:

• Updated Windows through Microsoft
    Updated GPU through NVIDIA Control Panel
    Installed Ghostery and ADP to prevent popups and adds
(unsure on what software I need to have updated to have webpages load content correctly)

Thanks community! I appreciate the help and guidance.