Restoring backed up bookmarks on Android coolpad

viciouslittlecobra

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
URGENT

So I was PROMISED by Google and my phone techs that I could do a factory reset and everything would be saved that was backed up. My bookmarks definitely were.

My apps cleared just fine but I can't find the bookmarks or history I saved via my Google email I synced to. They've utterly vanished and I'm pretty pissed. I had a lot of bookmarks I definitely needed.

We did back up almost all things to a backup drive on a computer but it never gave my bookmarks files to save.

How do I restore my bookmarks on my Android Coolpad (Samsung I believe)? I'm desperate.

Solution
Most of your browser data (Bookmarks, history, passwords, and so on) are stored in Google Cloud Sync. If you log in to google on your phone, install Chrome, log in and sync your profile there, you should see all of your previous bookmarks appear. If you haven't synchronized everything, I do not think there is a way you can recover your bookmarks.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Most of your browser data (Bookmarks, history, passwords, and so on) are stored in Google Cloud Sync. If you log in to google on your phone, install Chrome, log in and sync your profile there, you should see all of your previous bookmarks appear. If you haven't synchronized everything, I do not think there is a way you can recover your bookmarks.

Solution

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Well, I was just expanding on the subject and elaborating, that not just "bookmarks" are being stored in the case that he has further issues. Also, viciouslittlecobra hasn't responded in a while, thought I could bump up the post and get him another notification :)