Solved! reusing my wet wire

Nov 4, 2018
My PC Charger dropped into my dogs water bowl while i was trying to connect it my PC is on a low battery supply and i need to charge it and my chargers cable is bought abroad and i want to know if i could still use the last one since it only dropped in for a short time nad didnt get too wet or would that be too risky and just have a shipment of a new one

Solution
Depends on what part dropped in and how long it was in it. Either way, I would leave it somewhere nice and warm, disconnected from everything, left alone, to dry for oh days. Possibly a week. Yes I did say that long. You want to leave it long enough to make sure every last speck of moisture is no longer in it. Otherwise you risk not only damaging or even killing the laptop but blowing fuses and more to your place.

Even with all that, me myself, I would still consider getting a new one. Electricity can be a tricky and dangerous thing.
Depends on what part dropped in and how long it was in it. Either way, I would leave it somewhere nice and warm, disconnected from everything, left alone, to dry for oh days. Possibly a week. Yes I did say that long. You want to leave it long enough to make sure every last speck of moisture is no longer in it. Otherwise you risk not only damaging or even killing the laptop but blowing fuses and more to your place.

Even with all that, me myself, I would still consider getting a new one. Electricity can be a tricky and dangerous thing.

Solution