Question Reversed directional audio when gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharples65

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
I'm really having trouble this with problem. Not only is there almost nothing on the net about this very rare problem, nobody seems to know the solution.

Basically, anything outside a game, such as Youtube or Facebook videos work perfectly on my headset. There's no issues whatsoever.

However, when I go into any game, say Left 4 Dead 2 or Call of Duty, the left/right directional sound is completely reversed. Like hearing sounds from the right meanings they'll come from the left and vice versa.

I've had this issue for the past couple of issues. Here's what I've done.

. Bought a new headset. The Hyper X Cloud Alpha. My previous one was the Hyper X Cloud II. At the time I thought it was the Cloud II having an issue, but I was wrong.

.New Motherboard, RAM, CPU, Graphics card, New Hard drive. I bought these merely for an upgrade to my old one, but the old parts also had this issue.

.Reinstalled Windows 10 with a blank slate

.Removed all audio drivers from device manager, all this did was made sure Windows 10 couldn't load up anymore, hence why I opted to just reinstall Windows.

.Turned spacial sound on and off, messed around with 7.1, 5.1, Quadraphonic, Stereo...

I mean the only solution I can find is to reverse my headset and then hey! It works perfectly in gaming. B-but now my microphone will be behind me and... outside of gaming the audio is now reversed.

Reactions: oltii

Sharples65

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
Are all games having this issue or just these two?

All of them to my knowledge. I've made a video showing it off if it helps:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8dKJaGi1xc

One guy from a different forum that was trying to help me out said that the both the audio in the youtube video and in the game sounded fine to him. But to me in that video, it sounds like the Youtube video I played back is completely normal, but when going into any game (I have Spore, Left 4 Dead 2, CoD 1, CoD Black Ops 1) that it all sounds reversed.

This thread is here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...sue-with-audio/?tab=comments#comment-13175273

It would be nice if you could also confirm in that video if it seems correct to you and that nothing is wrong when you see the game footage and hear the audio.

Feb 10, 2020
I have this issue too. My headset is a Razer Kitty Kraken, ive messed around with everything. Its only my pc it happens to. I think its my motherboard or sound card. My mobo is an Asrock Z270 Taichi. Unsure what to do anymore. Unplugging it and replugging it fixes it temporarily. All usb ports are the same

only thing that fixes it is equalizer APO. But it messes with my sounds i find :(

Sharples65

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
I have this issue too. My headset is a Razer Kitty Kraken, ive messed around with everything. Its only my pc it happens to. I think its my motherboard or sound card. My mobo is an Asrock Z270 Taichi. Unsure what to do anymore. Unplugging it and replugging it fixes it temporarily. All usb ports are the same

only thing that fixes it is equalizer APO. But it messes with my sounds i find :(

Yeah, that is exactly what is happening to me... I can use Equalizer APO to switch my audio channels for gaming but then out of gaming I.E Youtube the sound is reversed. So either without that software it'll be reversed one way or the other.

My motherboard is Gigabyte B450M DS3H if it helps.

Feb 10, 2020
Yeah, that is exactly what is happening to me... I can use Equalizer APO to switch my audio channels for gaming but then out of gaming I.E Youtube the sound is reversed. So either without that software it'll be reversed one way or the other.

My motherboard is Gigabyte B450M DS3H if it helps.

Im trying something different that I havent seen in any other threads. Go to Nvidia Control panel, and under display there is "set up digital audio". Click that and HDMI1 should say your monitor name, change it to "turn off audio" and save. so far its been working i have to wait and see if it flips tho. I wanna see if you have the same setting bevause maybe its that

Sharples65

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
All games were legally bought?

No they were all pirated and that's why I'm not using Steam.

Just kidding, of course they are legal.

Im trying something different that I havent seen in any other threads. Go to Nvidia Control panel, and under display there is "set up digital audio". Click that and HDMI1 should say your monitor name, change it to "turn off audio" and save. so far its been working i have to wait and see if it flips tho. I wanna see if you have the same setting bevause maybe its that

Yeah mate, I tried that but it hasn't resolved the problem. I tried restarting with it off (and saving of course) as well but NVIDA put it right back onto 'LG Electronics LG TV'.

PrTSZfu.png

Sharples65

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
Ok so when i restarted mine reverted back too. Im gonna try uninstalling nvidia's sound driver because im thinking it might be interfering with my games audio. since usb headsets have their own sound card

also disabling them from device manager

I'm a little afraid to do this to be honest, I uninstalled all my sound drivers in Device manager in hopes of fixing this issue and Windows wouldn't boot anymore, so I had to reformat Windows.

Let me know if it works for you.

Feb 10, 2020
I'm a little afraid to do this to be honest, I uninstalled all my sound drivers in Device manager in hopes of fixing this issue and Windows wouldn't boot anymore, so I had to reformat Windows.

Let me know if it works for you.

Can just disable in device manager w/o removing them from the computer

Feb 10, 2020
Which ones would you recommend I disable? Sorta paranoid here but I trust you.

ZVxJiIT

So in device manager you go to;

Sound video and game controllers > Right click nividia high def audio and nvidia virtual audio device and just press disable. If you need to you can just renable them the same way

Sharples65

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
So in device manager you go to;

Sound video and game controllers > Right click nividia high def audio and nvidia virtual audio device and just press disable. If you need to you can just renable them the same way

I disabled those two and it still hasn't really had an effect unfortunately.

If it helps I posted this thread around the same point I created this one: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1139585-having-a-bizarre-issue-with-audio

Should also note that I refunded the HyperX Cloud Alpha, I now only have the HyperX Cloud II.

Feb 10, 2020
I disabled those two and it still hasn't really had an effect unfortunately.

If it helps I posted this thread around the same point I created this one: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1139585-having-a-bizarre-issue-with-audio

Should also note that I refunded the HyperX Cloud Alpha, I now only have the HyperX Cloud II.

Im thinking my problem might be my sound card that comes with my mobo is affecting my usb headset (as they have their own sound card) going to try play around with that and see what happens.

Jul 9, 2020
Guys, I have the EXACT same problem. In Chrome, Music Softwares and some other programs the phone is perfect, the right channel on the right and the left channel on left. But when I play games, like CS GO, GTA V and Valorant, i t just reverses. I don't know what to do, already tested multiple phones, sended Steam a message, but anything can fix it. pls help me

Sharples65

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
Guys, I have the EXACT same problem. In Chrome, Music Softwares and some other programs the phone is perfect, the right channel on the right and the left channel on left. But when I play games, like CS GO, GTA V and Valorant, i t just reverses. I don't know what to do, already tested multiple phones, sended Steam a message, but anything can fix it. pls help me

Yeah this is a really bizzare issue but I'm glad I'm not the only one facing this problem. I've had reports it could be a driver ghosting but I already uninstalled the audio driver and installed a new one, didn't do anything whatsoever.

I can't believe nobody has found a solution to this yet. It's like 10 years from now people will be looking for answers in this thread and still be wondering what on earth is going on. One in 100 million chance of happening or some nonsense!

Reactions: becao
Status
Not open for further replies.