RIM: Jobs is Wrong; Seven Inches is Big Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
7 inches is right on the fence. Too big for a phone but just a tad small for a tablet. I guess it just depends on personal preference. I mean 7 inches will get the job done but wouldn't you want bigger?

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Jobs is right! 7 inches is way too small for a mobile device! I am posting this from my iPhone and you can't even read this! My sausage fingers are everywhere!

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]Jobs is right! 7 inches is way too small for a mobile device! I am posting this from my iPhone and you can't even read this! My sausage fingers are everywhere![/citation]

Ya writing on forum posts blows on my iPhone, I can't even read what I am typing D:

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
The RIM guy is a complete idiot. He says he "knows" 7 inches will be a big portion of the market. Only an idiot thinks he can predict a market with 100% certainty. And only Jobs actually seems to be able to do it.

It's very irritating when someone speculates and confuses opinion with fact. He doesn't know anything of the sort.

Apple doesn't want that bottom-feeder market, but it might come into being anyway. We'll see. Jobs always wants to make an appealing product, and doesn't want compromises in it, even if it would hit a price point that would make Apple more money. This might be an instance of it. I personally can't imagine using a puny 7" screen, but, that doesn't mean everyone else will hate it too.

G

Jim is a billionaire.. your some anonymous scrub bashing him on a forum.
Sorry to say that makes his prediction a tad more valid than your naysaying.

As an owner of 2 macs and an iphone I can safely say some of the best software on mac comes from 3rd parties and for jobs to discourage that is a self inflicted wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS