Rockford Fosgate p560 5.1 Powered Speaker System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
HI

Does anyone knows this system or heard anything about it, except 6 amazon reviews and few video reviews.
Links
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p560

https://www.cyberacoustics.com/store/Products/Speakers/P560

It looks similar to Logitech Z906, which I like, but it is not (Logitech) a quality product anymore, unfortunately, so I am looking for something better.

I am coming from Logitech G51 5.1 surround, which finally died - looking for 5.1 sound surround replacement for my PC, so far nothing worth trusting below $500. I don't need full speaker/receiver system, just a simple one to connect to my SoundBlaster Z card, which would have a very good sound and have decent quality....

Anyone can advise about Rockford Fosgate p560 or similar in USA?

Help deeply appreciated.

P.S. I looked into Vizio sound surround sound bar, but I will have glass-on-metal table between Bluetooth subwoofer and sound bar, also, I have wireless router and wireless modem in the same area, plus a wireless phone a few feet away - too much possible distortions - so any system must be wired, not wireless, oops.

Looking at the speakers, it looks like a re-boxing of the Logitech THX speakers. The cones with the center triangle cone are identical to my Z560 set and the sub speaker looks the same also. Event the names are the same, Logitechs are Z560, these are p560.

Logitech

logitechspk.jpg

RF cones

71nbhdV896L._SL1388_.jpg

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Thanks for reply

As I am almost disregarded Toms help here - I usually have difficult questions, as I do detailed research prior to asking.....

Z560 was manufactured in 2001 or so, Would Rockford Fosgate use so old design in the new system? They make fine products themselves, aren't they? Why copy? I mean drivers, electronics is different. Logitech was using Tang Bang drivers in this system, and I can not find any reference about P560.

The system is actually produced by Cyber Acoustics: NOTE: This system is developed by Cyber Acoustics under licensing from Rockford Fosgate
Another question. Could Cyber Acoustics screw up a good idea, I mean what quality to expect. I mean, new Logitech z906 sounds good, but that doesn't last long, high percentage of users complain about fallen parts here and there. What could happen here? The price payed is mostly for Rockford Fosgate badge? Or you think Cyber Acoustics made a quality product here? $450 sounds a lot to me for a set of 5.1 speaker system, it is crossing into speaker/receiver pricing territory, so anyone one would think that money are spent for building something good, or I am wrong, and extra $$ are for name badge only?

Thanks for assistance, as that topic is quiet difficult to answer, I even checked various speaker forums, nothing there as well.

Last thing, which troubles me is 1 year warranty... It doesn't sound good, especially for that price (Logitech Z906 has 2 year warranty, but replacement parts falling apart very quickly according to amazon reviewers, nothing made good now-days....). How Cyber Acoustics behave if product is out of warranty, do they sell spare parts, or push end user to buy a whole new system?

appreciate again for anything in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. #2. If you have anything to offer other than this, please share - 5.1 or so, 4.0 surround system will do as well.

I like the Logitech THX stuff, but 280 for a used system seems a bit much. I've had my Z560 set for a long time and they work just fine, so a newer Z5500 should not have any issues.

I have not seen that driver configuration with the silver center cone anywhere outside the Logitech speakers, which is why that looks a lot like a modified Logitech speaker, maybe the exact same thing in a different housing if not just using their cones. CA is a lower end maker, very likely Rockford Fosgate is using their name to drive sales while using CA as the manufacturer using licensed Logitech equipment. Those speakers still sound good, speakers are not like computer speeds, old speakers can sound just as good as new ones, older does not mean worse. I can see Logitech making a bit of extra income by selling their speaker design for older sets to be used elsewhere.

Unless those speakers just copied the design without any input from Logitech which is also possible. I would think there would be a patent on that design, but maybe not.

B-man33

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014
I know Rockfordfosqate is very good when it comes to car audio systems, when did they enter the home theater/ PC audio scene? I would rather go for something more well known in the PC or home theater world, taking the price you pay for it ($450) and there is not much reviews about it, its a lot of money to waste on something that might be good, just my opinion, it does look damn sexy the Rockfordfosqate system, tho

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Closing thread

Since it is not known - Rockford Fosgate p560 - I would attempt to fix my G51 Subwoofer connections, if successful will live happily ever after, if not, will wait for Christmas sale for Z906, I almost got it for $270 or so during Thanksgiving, but brick and mortar store just run out of stack....

Thanks all for participation.

P.S. Can not award best solution, since no one knows that exact system, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.