Roland mv 30 studio m

kenherbie

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010

I have one working mv30 and one requiring a replacemnt floppy drive. I found company selling the floppy but the price was prohibitive (about$70 + shipping, $70 more) I have third mv 30 which has a dead screen and no floppy drive, as it was taken to repair the first one. I use the MV30 every week as an essential part of a trio of keyboards bass and drums.
The great advantage of the mv 30 is the direct output which I use to send a click track to the monitors so we can all keep time. If you know where there is another MV 30 doing nothing I would be very interested.

Mystic991

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I have one that had very little use, I think I still have the box and several Alexander publishing manuals. It was never sold, it was a gift to me by the owner of a MI store I worked for when he went out of business. Interested??

vette6spd@hotmail.com

kenherbie

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
I have sent an email directly to you and now I have worked out how to reply through the forum!! I am interested in any working MV30 as it is the only one which can play my song files and also provide a "click" to play along with. Let me know how much you would want for it and of course how much it would take to post it.
Ken Herbertson, in Scotland

Mystic991

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi Ken and others,

Thanks for the email, I did receive it and replied. Due to Ken's location, I decided that I didn't want to go through the hoops, I would prefer selling closer to home. USA in particular I am in Ca. I actually haven't priced it yet but i am certainly open to suggestions. Ken was kind enough to offer a suggestion and I will look into that, otherwise, I might put it on Craig's List and see what happens. I also have an unused Roland MT-200 and a Leslie Preamp from the 60's unused and in the box..

Thanks all and especially you Ken.. When i get to Scotland, I will expect you to show me around and take me to where the good Scotch can be found..

v

Nite Lite

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

My apologies for butting in on your conversation with Mystic - I was Googing MV 30 because I just found mine last night and was wondering what I should do with it - are you still looking for one? Also, I seem to remember the drive and/or the floppy itself being a little skittish - I seem to remember the drive being manufactured by Chinon, and also that Roland wanted a ridiculously high price for the spare drive I asked them about, and there being an issue with replacing it, as it somehow had its firmware (if that's even possible for a floppy drive) being the major problem with replacing it generically - if you've taken yours apart, let me know if you can, if it is a Chinon drive. At any rate, let me know if you're interested in this one - thanks.

kenherbie

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Hi,
I have 3 MV30s. One works no.2 requires a floppy drive no.3 requires a screen and a floppy drive. I found a chinon drive in Germany and bought it on the net. It didn`t work when installed. These drives are delicate and don`t seem to travel well. I have over 200 song files which of course are only usable on the MV30. I use these every weekend with my band and dread the thought of having no backup. I found an MV30, "hardly used" but it turned out to be in California and I am in Scotland so the guy thought it not practical to think of selling it to me. Where are you? Looking forward to hearing from you,
Ken

poplab

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Ken,

I just replied to another posting of yours on this website, to inform you that I have a mint MV30 that I will sell. If you are interested, and know how to go about doing it securely from the US to UK, please contact me at: poplab@frontier.com. Also, we'll have to determine a price. Thanks,

Mark