Rottr directx 11 error

sid92

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
I have installed rise of the tomb raider.... once i click on play the comes that " this game requires a directx 11 capable graphics card.
When i check specification.
My laptop already has directx 11
Intel hd graphics 3000
3gb ram..
I still have this error??

Solution
To play a game that uses DirectX 11 you need two things...

#1 - An operating system that supports DX11; Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.

#2 - A graphics chip that supports DX11. The Intel HD 3000 only supports DX10.1 as mentioned above. Therefore, you cannot use the laptop to play games that requires DX11.

Your only solution is to buy a modern laptop which has a GPU that is powerful enough to play RotTR. See link below for average FPS result of many different integrated and dedicated GPU from Notebookcheck.net. Based the benchmarks, the least powerful GPU that I recommend would be the nVidia 930mx / 940mx, but that is only decent enough to play a 1024 x 768 resolution using low graphic settings...

Are you trying to play ROTR on an Intel HD 3000 IGP? If so, that would go some way of explaining the error message.

Steam lists 6 GBs of RAM and a 2 GB dedicated GPU (nVidia GTX 650) as minimum requirements to run ROTR. Unless you can get your hands on a laptop with a quad-core CPU and a GTX 650 card (or AMD HD7770), you simply won't be able to play this game.

Sorry,
GreyCatz.

To play a game that uses DirectX 11 you need two things...

#1 - An operating system that supports DX11; Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10.

#2 - A graphics chip that supports DX11. The Intel HD 3000 only supports DX10.1 as mentioned above. Therefore, you cannot use the laptop to play games that requires DX11.

Your only solution is to buy a modern laptop which has a GPU that is powerful enough to play RotTR. See link below for average FPS result of many different integrated and dedicated GPU from Notebookcheck.net. Based the benchmarks, the least powerful GPU that I recommend would be the nVidia 930mx / 940mx, but that is only decent enough to play a 1024 x 768 resolution using low graphic settings.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider-Notebook-Benchmarks.158810.0.html

Solution