Rumor: 10-Inch Kindle Fire Out by Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

so it might come out before Black Friday, or maybe after, or maybe before the end of the year if it even exists - brilliant. I guess that --does-- cover all possible times it could come out.

these are 'insiders' ?

someonewhoknowsalittle

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Need a 15.6 inch tablet running dual processors and MS Office natively with USB 3 ports and SDHC card slot, and able to sync with my computer and print to any printer and run Flash videos and browse without stuttering and weigh no more than 4 pounds, have drag and drop capacity, and have at least 8 hours battery life. It does not have to play any video games but it has to be able to play 720p HI-Def videos and output via HDMI 1080p videos and be able to connect via WiFi and 3G if not 4G.

When it can do that, let me know. Until then, all the tablet makers can "Go Fish".

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I first thought that the 10' model may reuse the shells of the rumored 10" PlayBook, but since Foxconn seems to be building them that looks unlikely.

G

@someonewhoknowsalittle:
You better go fishing yourself while we're enjoying using new generation of tablets.

G

If this was so close to reality, Jeff Bezos is an idiot for talking about the little kindle when all eyes and ears were on him, instead of promoting the real star product. We all know Bezos is not an idiot.

On a side not, I think even the 10 inches size too small for a lot of things. I think the real sweat spot would be 13 inches. Come on Bezos/Cook. Make a real tablet.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]someonewhoknowsalittle[/nom]Need a 15.6 inch tablet running dual processors and MS Office natively with USB 3 ports and SDHC card slot, and able to sync with my computer and print to any printer and run Flash videos and browse without stuttering and weigh no more than 4 pounds, have drag and drop capacity, and have at least 8 hours battery life. It does not have to play any video games but it has to be able to play 720p HI-Def videos and output via HDMI 1080p videos and be able to connect via WiFi and 3G if not 4G.When it can do that, let me know. Until then, all the tablet makers can "Go Fish".[/citation]

So you want a laptop.
Several tablets can do what you listed, just not 15.6" or USB 3.
Openoffice OfficetoGo are compatible with MS Office files. And no tablet out there is not much more than 1lb tops.

Don't Expect Windows 8 tablets to have those USB 3 ports either, unless theres some sort of docking station for keyboard and ports like the Transformer already has, but that kinda takes away from the whole idea of the tablet being a more portable than a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.