Rumor: iPhone 5 to Be Announced August 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A prototype hasn't been "found" in a bar yet so I image we have a ways to go.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah ive had 3 iphones and i find myself more curious about information on windows phone 8 models than the iphone 5

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Rumor: they just invented the widgets, the +4" screen and the LTE-enabled phone. Couple months after that they'll sue anybody that uses any of the above.
Hard to believe, no? It's not like they've ever done it before...
/sarcasm

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Rumor: they just invented the widgets, the +4" screen and the LTE-enabled phone. Couple months after that they'll sue anybody that uses any of the above.Hard to believe, no? It's not like they've ever done it before.../sarcasm[/citation]

Is not that they "invented" them, it is more like they were sufficiently malicious to patent those features that every other manufacturer thought were a given.

In other words, apple people are evil geniuses who patent everything that others don't, even if those technologies/features have been around for a while.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
And I'm sure Apple will be praised as an innovator by adding 4G.

iPhones always lack so many basic features that have been available for years on other phones. I used to have two iPhones, they didn't do copy and paste or even able to text someone a picture until they got an update. They are nice phones, but they are way behind the times. Siri is no way any kind of innovation, it hardly works. Don't ask it any of the questions they ask in the commercials, you will get no answer.

kikiking

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Well the fact that they been around for a "while" is proof enough, that their technology patents are BS.

I know a lot of fan companies who stick and try to patent pwm technolgy, and guess what their stuff says patent pending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when it is "apple" none of those says patent pending, all of a sudden they patent them. Widgets were around for a while, and most of above, steve job is gone. Oh I created the first smart phone no other person should do it."oh I created the macbook air~!" Someone using a ultra thin book is infringing on my copyright, I hope this nonsense ended with Steve Jobs and his temper.

To be honest I could not stand him... yup other companies are just going to sit there, and ot create smart phones, you are going to bitch and moan about it.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Are they still going to stick with the out of date 4:3 screen ratio or copy Android and then sue them? Also are they going to keep the cheap glass on the front and back that cracks from a 1 foot drop?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]subaru41[/nom]Are they still going to stick with the out of date 4:3 screen ratio or copy Android and then sue them?[/citation]
They can't, the width of that screen would be ridiculous for anything bigger than 4". Hence they'll copy Android phones (and Windows Phones) and sue them for infringing on the "new"screen ratio. They might even make a curved glass screen and then sue Samsung again for having those since Nexus S days. Recent history proves that nothing is too despicable for Apple...

derkman

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Can't wait to see what features Apple has stolen from Android this time.

It's really sad how everyone looked at Android when it was first released saying it was just a iPhone-knockoff. Now it is more functional and intuitive than iOS just years later.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
can't wait...i am so tired of the android OS and slow updates...the only reason why i have an android phone is because of the 4G...it's that much better when compared with 3G...Please apple make it a good one :)

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I am due for an upgrade so I am looking forward to what this next model will bring. My only issue is that I want to see some of the new Windows 8 Phones first before I make a purchasing decision. Hopefully I can find apps that are comparable or the same to what I use now.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Who cares? Are they still people hyped about the iPhone anyway?
Seriously this smartphone became pretty annoying.
I had an iphone, but i can't stand that home screen or its shape anymore.
Iphone 5, another "bla bla bla" update, but actually nothing new ? No, thanks, there are plenty of options nowadays, cut that overhyped smartphone, please.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I just recently updated from a iphone 4 to a GS3 and I must say I won't be coming back to apple. The iphone is a great phone but my new GS3 is just insanely awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.