Rumor: New Zune Coming, Don't Buy iPhone/Pre

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Nightsilver[/nom]Lol. I wonder how long this model will last before you need a (refurbished) replacement from Microsoft.[/citation]

Probably a lot longer than your iPhone.

(time for all the iTards to come out of the woodworks)

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
[citation][nom]cliffro[/nom]I'd bite, its a lot better than supporting Apple.[/citation]

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely detest Apple, but my first (likely last) Zune lasted four months before being replaced by Microsoft. That replacement lasted about a month, maybe a month and a half. I'm more interested in a quality product than a string of replacements.

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]Probably a lot longer than your iPhone.(time for all the iTards to come out of the woodworks)[/citation]

Just because I don't hump M$'s leg doesn't mean I hump Apple's :).

belawrence

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
"Lol. I wonder how long this model will last before you need a (refurbished) replacement from Microsoft."

Seeing as my 1st gen Zune is still going strong, probably a while.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
I really want them to kick apple's ass but they need to come out with more innovating stuff and better marketing for their products, there are tons of mp3 players that are much better than the ipod (sansa,sony and creative zen just to name a few) and i really thought their zune was a much better mp3 player than the ipod but apple's marketing is second to none and as much as i detest them i will admit that they are great at innovating stuff,if micorsoft wants to come out with something to compete with the iphone they need to put more backing in marketing and try not to look like they are just imitating apple. Hopefully wants windows 7 comes out and impresses people they will be able to count on it's halo effect.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Unfortunately for Microsoft, they need to start looking at GM (future). If Microsoft does do something to starve off how big they are and how many division they have that compete for the same market space then they will end up just like GM.

Microsoft core business is software, more importantly it is OS software. Office was not their market until WordPerfect prove to be a successful product. Databases were not their market originally either, DBASE and other old database programs were. I could go on and on. But my point is Microsoft attempts to break into the market when it is too late. The Zune would be an excellent iPod alternative if it came out earlier and it came with features that made it equall to or better then an iPod.

Now that Microsoft has most of the gaming industry under its belt, why now integrate the Zune with the 360? Why not make this unit the consumer space PDA like an iPod Touch?

The pictures look good, just hope Microsoft doesn't screw up with the price and marketing.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Last I checked you can hook the Zune up to the 360 and play music in games already... You also use XBL points on the Zune Marketplace.

I'm not sure how much more you could integrate it. Maybe use the zune as a controller?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
What ZUNE fans? Other than microsoft employees and those given away, who buys ZUNEs? I've never ever seen a person with a ZUNE.

IPods, all over the place, hell even SanDisk is doing better.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I loved my 80 gig zune. I now have an 120 gig archos 5.

Zune and phone together....... I'd pre-order. I still like my blackberry bold though.

I hope it is SSD and not a hard drive.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
As long as it lasts through the day on a single charge and I can replace my own battery it might be something I'd consider.

G

Zune is like a Pontiac Aztec in Army green. Some people love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.