Rumor: Next Xbox Will Have ARM CPU, Windows 9 Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Having several separate cores for AI, physics, etc. only makes development and porting between platforms more difficult.

Keep it simple!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]wishmaster12[/nom]I want to see dual APU, 2tb hardrive, bluray, and new revamped gampad[/citation]

i want them to drop a hdd altogether, have 4gb internal for the core system, and allow us to buy what ever hdd we want, and put it in, i dont want to be paying 2 grand for a 1 tb harddrive.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i want them to drop a hdd altogether, have 4gb internal for the core system, and allow us to buy what ever hdd we want, and put it in, i dont want to be paying 2 grand for a 1 tb harddrive.[/citation]

I want them to disappear altogether. That simple.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
to be honest, consoles should be coming to an end, their blending into a pc.

Really, all you need is a branded box which is essentially a pc, with a custom ui/peripherals

Port issues solved, and games would be made to run at that standard.

Maybe custom mobo etc to solve space/power issues

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I want blueray to die. So I don't want a console with a blue ray player. Lets face it the future is not in spinning disks but rather downloads, steaming media, and if you need a physical copy of something, then memory cards.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Wish they would hurry the hell up and release these next gen consoles so we stop getting really shitty ports on the PC.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Like ARM will any better than a Fully fledge 2500K. I bet my 2500K + GTX570 will still hold the raw speed over next gen console. Seems they arent ready to sell expensive console that they gonna lose $100 every console they sell. They going nintendo way.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Well, they have several things to consider, amongst a multitude of ohers:

How much hardware are the masses willing to pay for in a console?
Does the market show that more power in a console is desired at the expense of lower costs?
What is the impact of the proposed hardware on developers?
What is the competition doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS