Rumored iPad 3 Specs Point to Quad-core CPU, LTE Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Not a big Apple fan, but I must admit the iPad is a nice piece of tech! I would love to have an iPad 3 with 4G service!

So, my preferences are as follows:
Desktop/Laptop - PC
Tablet - Apple
Phone - Android

Pretty much, I've got it covered.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I swear these images look like a typical Linux shell to me...

Well, this is not very informative. Will it have USB host? What kind of camera? Will it have microSD?

Oh wait, I can answer all that myself. No, 8MP, no.

:D

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Wonder if the cameras will suck on this one as well.....that was my only real complaint with the iPad 2 (and that I prefer Android - not a fanboy, just a preference)

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]Not a big Apple fan, but I must admit the iPad is a nice piece of tech! I would love to have an iPad 3 with 4G service!So, my preferences are as follows:Desktop/Laptop - PCTablet - ApplePhone - AndroidPretty much, I've got it covered.[/citation]
if only the ipad 3 would come with android os..that'd be nice. kinda like a hackintosh:p

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I doubt this piece of 'news' for the sole reason that Apple isn't known to be a forerunner in how fast a particular piece of technology runs.

We don't have any quad-core Android tablets as far as I am aware; putting that power in an iPad is a waste of profit for Apple (plus, the iPad has no need for that kind of power in the first place considering its target demographics).

wing2010

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
It must have a quad-core CPU. By the time it actually be released, how many quad-core tablets are available in the market?

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
[citation][nom]shardey[/nom]Knock Knock.Who's there?Old story.Old Story Who?Macrumors[/citation]
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
No one.
No one who?
No one who reads Macrumors.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
That's pretty much what people expect. Not big news.

[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]I swear these images look like a typical Linux shell to me...[/citation]

That's because iOS is a unix-like system, like Linux.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i wonder if it has the same beast GPU.
this if u like ios

the transformer prime if u like android

kindle fire if your short on money

every other option should be obsolete

heezdeadjim

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I'm not seeing how they are getting "quad-core" out of the "S5L8945X" code.

30 (one core) to 40 (two cores) is a 10 unit difference. this is 40 to 45 (5 units). Half numbers in the computer world tend to be revised or "slightly better" versions of the previous number (nVidia 280 vs. 285 GTX). Maybe Apple goes by some different code cues, but I highly doubt this will be a quad-core or 2048x1536 rez some are rumoring it to be.

sarcasm

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]Not a big Apple fan, but I must admit the iPad is a nice piece of tech! I would love to have an iPad 3 with 4G service!So, my preferences are as follows:Desktop/Laptop - PCTablet - ApplePhone - AndroidPretty much, I've got it covered.[/citation]

I have an iPad 2. So far the only good use I have for it is for my daughter to watch netflix on. Otherwise, it's a non-productive luxury item for the couch potatoes. Cant really do any real work on it. (You can, but trying to do an Excel sheet with 50,000 entries for work wouldn't be easy)

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]We don't have any quad-core Android tablets as far as I am aware; [/citation]
Asus Transformer Prime

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]I doubt this piece of 'news' for the sole reason that Apple isn't known to be a forerunner in how fast a particular piece of technology runs. We don't have any quad-core Android tablets as far as I am aware; putting that power in an iPad is a waste of profit for Apple (plus, the iPad has no need for that kind of power in the first place considering its target demographics).[/citation]
The Asus Transformer Prime is a 5 core tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.